Pest Control Technician
- Post Date:March 5, 2021
- Apply Before: September 30, 2021
- Views 596
- Qualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
We are growing!
Almond Africa is looking for suitably qualified personnel to fill an opening within our company as a Pest Control Technician.
- Class 2 Journeyman
- “C” in ‘O’ Level Maths and English
- Criminal Free Record
- Age – 22 to 55
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate
Desired attributes :
- Technically sound
- High quality standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Independent problem solving capability
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Works well within a team
- Good communication skills
- Overall good health and vitality
- Presentable and well groomed
- Awareness of health and safety in the workplace
- Inspecting customers’ premises to identify pest problems and advising customers on recommendations for structural or sanitary modifications that will reduce pest access to food, water and harbourage.
- Drawing site maps of the Client’s premises, indicating the positions of any of the Contractor’s assets that will be installed for the purpose of carrying out the required services.
- Determining the kind of treatment required to eliminate a particular type of pest.
- Applying suitable pesticides as well as non chemical baits including but not limited to glue-boards, uv light traps, tunnel traps and snap traps to areas of treatment by following the required protocol and complying with safety procedures.
- Removing incidental invaders of concern from a Client’s site, including but not limited to snakes, bees and feral cats.
- Pest exclusion services that include installing fly screens and rodent proofing.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all pest control tools and equipment.
- Keeping vehicle clean, performing routine maintenance checks and reporting faults.
- Receiving information from Operations Manager pertaining to scheduling of services to customers, as well as informing the Accounts Department about customer quotations.
- Filling out all necessary paperwork before, during and upon completion of each job, including but not limited to:
- Treatment confirmation reports
- Job cards
- Pre-task risk assessment forms
- Incident report forms
- Providing feedback to the Operations Manager of all treatments, concerns as well as recommendations that aid better functionality and service for the client.
- Ensure proper use of PPE as per requirement of a particular job
- Participate during stocktake
- Identifying opportunities to sell additional company services and products.
Please forward CV and application letter, copies of all academic and professional certificates and at least two reference letters to [email protected]
- Applicants to indicate on their applications, the city they would prefer to be employed in (Harare or Bulawayo)
- Successful candidates will be required to provide police clearance
- Successful candidates will undergo a food handler’s medical examination
Almond Africa is an equal opportunities employer.