Pastry Chef De Partie
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 397
- Qualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award-winning
lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non-profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife
populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The focus of this position is to assist the Head and Sous Chefs in a busy kitchen to deliver consistently high-quality food. The Pastry Chef de Partie is fully responsible for the preparation of the assigned menu items including breads, pastries and desserts to the set Singita Standards.
The Pastry Chef de Partie will be accountable tothe Head Chef and will carry out assigned kitchen duties while maintaining high standards and keeping up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Senior High School/Secondary School qualification.
- At least 2-years of cooking experience in a similar environment.
- A passion for food and cooking and a keen Interest In self-development in this area.
- Understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements and be able to plan accordingly.
- Ability to train and oversee staff, on a basic level.
- Good communication skills.
- Creativity and willingness to be innovative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A co-operative and hardworking nature.
- Must be a Zimbabwean Resident.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of firefighting equipment.
- First Aid training (provided by company).
- Care in personal hygiene and grooming.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Preparation of food in line with Singita standards
- A focus on guest satisfaction and experience given to guests.
- Effective daily management of the pastry kitchen in line with senior chef instruction.
- Correct management of waste and recycling.
- Assist with stocktakes; orders; and the management of sections of the kitchen when required.
- Produce new and innovative ideas for enhancing the guest experience.
- Focus on training and development of kitchen skills.
- Effectively communicate with the senior chefs and front of house staff to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Handover responsibilities and requests to the next shift coming on duty and ensure that a handover is received from previous shift, when coming on duty.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard.
- Train and monitor junior staff.
- Maintaining fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards.
- Correct use, maintenance and minimising of breakage of kitchen equipment.
- Contribute towards the sustainability operations of the lodge, operating within lodge environmental parameters and constantly looking for ways to further ‘green’ lodge operations.
- All roles at Singita may be required to perform other tasks as reasonably requested from time to time and as required by the business and/or operation. Singita fosters a culture of collaboration, and with this a support of the multi-skilling of staff.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s
To apply for this role, please email your CV to [email protected]