Part Time Book-keeper and Administration Assistant
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 924
- Offered Salary $350 maximum before taxCareer Level AssistantQualification Degree
- Experience 5-10 YearsGender FemaleIndustry Non Governmental
A local girls and young women NGO is inviting applications for the position of Part Time Finance and Administration Assistant who will work 3,5 days a week; Monday to Wednesday then Friday half day.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Providing financial advice/guidance to the Director to ensure that strategic decisions with a financial implication are sound;
- Ensure all financial transactions strictly comply with organization policies and with donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations;
- Training / inducting staff on the organization’s finance, administration policies, donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations to ensure that their conduct guarantees compliance at all times;
- Prepare for annual external audits and respond to auditors if required;
- Ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically Manage bank accounts and prepare periodic reconciliation statements;
- Scrutinize and release all requisitions for authorization by the Director in accordance with organization’s financial management policies and established approval levels;
- Process payroll, calculate and remit tax and other statutory obligations; ZIMRA, NSSA, and complete necessary returns;
- Management of debtors, creditors and reimbursements of employee expenses and ensuring timely payment to all creditors;
- Prepare monthly financial reports of each project for Director;
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reconciliations, PAYE returns, inventory lists, etc;
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with organization’s procurement policy;
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation;
- Responsible for consolidating all the programs and operational transactions for specific donors, for annual reports and for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
Interested and qualified candidates should have:
- A Bachelor of Accounting degree or related professional accounting qualification;
- Five years similar experience in an NGO sector, do not apply if without NGO experience.
- Salary is pegged at $350 maximum before tax;
- Should be ready to start immediately.
- Women ages 27 to 40 are encouraged to apply.
Send your CV and academic certificates to [email protected]
Deadline: 30 July 2021