- Post Date:October 7, 2021
- Views 261
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Brief about the organization
An opportunity has arisen within an organisation focusing on access to justice and human rights that seeks the services of a paralegal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides legal assistance- legal advice, drafting of court papers and use of ADR to resolve disputes;
- Conducts legal education activities including training community volunteers;
- Monitors the work of community volunteers; Establishes Information centres within communities;
- Compiles activity and donor reports for the district;
- Maintains LRF assets at the respective Centre Office
Skills and competencies
- Must have basic knowledge on the law and human rights;
- Ability to identify legal and human rights issues which need to be addressed through advocacy and lobbying;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with marginalized and vulnerable communities;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written in English, Shona, Ndebele, Venda and Sotho;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Team player who is able to work with minimal supervision;
- Previous working experience as a paralegal is an added advantage.
- Diploma in Paralegal Studies / Certificate in paralegal studies or equivalent.
Interested applicants to direct their applications and CVs to [email protected]
Deadline: 12 October 2021