Palliative Care Nurse – Mutare Branch
- Post Date:February 9, 2021
- Views 338
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Health Care
Island Hospice and Healthcare, is a national palliative care organisation, is looking for an experienced Palliative Care Nurse with Project management background.
The candidate is expected to:
- Provide quality holistic care to all patients and families needing palliative care, including palliative care for children, for older persons and for special population groups.
- Be able to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for caring for patients, project implementation, training and mentorship of health professionals, community health workers as well as other community members needing palliative care information.
- Able to work with all levels of volunteers.
- Participate in writing of project proposals and participates in project activities.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Clinical expertise;
- Experience in project implementation and reporting;
- Conduct Project activities; Ability to apply multiple models of palliative care provision;
- Training, mentorship and capacity building skills; Management of medical equipment;
- Ordering of medications including DDAs;
- Ability to work with Island partners;
- Project report writing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Nursing Diploma / Degree (RGN);
- Diploma in Project management with experience (An added Advantage);
- At least 5 years’ experience with NGO background.
All applications, comprising a cover letter and CV of no more than 2 pages, to be sent to [email protected]
For more information about Island Hospice and Healthcare please see: www.islandhospice.care
Deadline: 12 February 2021