Packaging Manager: Patterson Grade 5
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 364
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Afdis is the leading company in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of quality spirits, wines and ciders in Zimbabwe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, results oriented Packaging Manager at our Stapleford Plant. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the full operation of the Packaging function.
Essential Competencies and Requirements.
- Industrial & manufacturing (IME) or Production Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience at supervisory level in a packaging environment.
- 3 years post Apprentice experience is a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge of packaging production processes and technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Asset Care principles and good work practices.
- Strong understanding of principles and practices of Manufacturing Way.
- Familiarity with computerised maintenance management systems.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and environmental systems.
- Must be SAP proficient.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring that packaging lines are run optimally to achieve the set volume.
- Understanding and executing the department’s Problem-Solving Frame work.
- Mastering of the Asset Care strategy and executing it to improve equipment reliability.
- Development and Execution of Packaging plans to maximize productivity.
- Developing and Implementation of packaging standards for optimal process performance
- Identifying and executing productivity improvement opportunities and projects.
- Driving CAP, Coaching and developing packaging staff for continuous improvement.
- Managing departmental overheads and Variable costs in line with budgets.
- Driving Manufacturing Way principles and practices
- Driving the Learning and Development process for the department
- Ensuring compliance to Quality, Environmental, and Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
- Managing departmental overheads and variable costs in line with budgets.
- Driving Manufacturing Way principles and practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all IMS and ISO22000 requirements.
If you meet the above qualification, please submit updated CV to:
P O Box WGT 900,
Not later than Sunday, 23rd May 2021 or email to [email protected]. Email subject: “Packaging manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.