Outreach Worker Nurse
- Post Date:February 2, 2021
- Views 490
- Qualification CertificateExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Health Care
Duty Station: Makoni
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. The organization is implementing a National Sex Work Programme behalf of collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the National AIDS Council with the aim of reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections.
To improve access to HIV/STI prevention and treatment services among key populations; To reduce barriers to care among sex workers within the public sector and expand service delivery for sex workers nationally
Scope of work
Under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator, and under direct supervision of the Clinic Manager, the Outreach Nurse will be based in Chipinge and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with the peer educators/micro planners to identify Young women selling sex for key DREAMS activities;
- Conduct community mobilization, demand creation, defaulter identification, tracking and tracing;
- Screening and enrolling YWSS who visit the health facility or DREAMS clubs/safe spaces /outreaches into the DREAMS program;
- Referring YWSS for appropriate subsequent interventions to other DREAMS IPs within the district of implementation;
- Providing clinical services including but not limited to PrEP screening and initiation, STI screening and treatment, family planning services, GBV screening and management;
- Provide quality HIV Testing Services using sexual network testing approach at community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment;
- Strengthen health facility and community linkages;
- Supervise the community-based cadres working to support implementation of project activities and administer a performance-based incentive scheme to the community based cadres; Facilitate the formation and strengthening of community ART refill groups (CARGs) and support groups;
- Record and report activities at community level.
- Preparing and submitting monthly progress reports sharing program challenges, best practices and recommendations to improve the DREAMS program;
- Participating in DREAMS meetings and planning sessions, including planning outreach services and discussion of partnerships with other community groups, DREAMS expansion and progress of facility-based services;
- Ensure implementation fidelity in all aspects of the program;
- Any other activities as directed by the supervisor.
- Primary Care Nursing qualification. certificate or equivalent (MOHCC);
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must;
- Good five Ordinary level passes including English;
- OI/ ART experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language (Shona, Ndebele);
- Knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team and health facility settings;
- Ability to analyse and report relevant activities;
- Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe;
- Results oriented and able to meet project deliverables;
- Computer literacy is a must.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected]
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 5 February 2021
Related Jobs (6)
Safety Health, Environment and Quality Superintendent on August 10, 2022 Full Time
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on August 1, 2022 Contract Full Time