OSH Inspector (Mechanical)
- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 587
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
NSSA is an organisation undergoing a transformation journey to position itself as a modern and relevant entity that delivers real value to its members through responsive social security services. In addition, we strive to stimulate economic activity, generate foreign currency, and create jobs for the benefit of Zimbabweans.
The new NSSA conducts its business in an honest, accountable, and transparent manner and we seek to recruit like-minded individuals in the following areas:
OSH INSPECTOR (MECHANICAL) – (BULAWAYO): GRADE 11
Reporting to the Principal OSH Inspector of Factories, the successful candidate will evaluate and maintain occupational safety and health standards and other best practices through the administration of the Factories and Works Act and its regulations and the Pneumaconiosis Act, in order to ensure employers and employees comply with the health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant OSH legislation that governs working environments.
- Register and deregister factories to maintain health and safety standards.
- Approve factory development plans to ensure that factories comply with safety and health requirements of the taw.
- Inspect factories and construction sites to enforce compliance with the requirements of the law and reduce occupational hazards.
- Inspect dusty occupations to ensure compliance with the requirements of the law and reduce occupational diseases.
- Inspect boilers to ensure compliance with the law and reduce occupational hazards.
- Approve boiler repair procedures to ensure that professional repairs on the vessels to reduce occupational hazards.
- Inspect elevators and escalators to enforce requirements of the law and reduce accidents.
- Carry out accident investigations and producing investigation reports which are used in line with the legislation.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an HND qualification in Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an engineering field.
- Registration with an Engineering professional body, ie ECZ membership.
- Clean class four (4) driver’s license.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Sound interpretation of factories and works Act and all allied regulations.
- Accident investigation skills.
- Sound knowledge of prosecution procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Good presentation skills.
Those interested in pursuing these opportunities should submit their applications with copies of CV’s and professional qualifications to:
The Deputy Director – Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To reach not later than close of business on Friday 4th June 2021.