Orthopaedic Workshop Supervisor
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Apply Before: July 27, 2021
- Views 123
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Jairos Jiri Association is a big local NGO in Zimbabwe which seeks to recruit an outstanding and result oriented Orthopaedic Technician. Jairos Jiri Association mainly focuses on advocacy for People With Disabilities. This issue is addressed in a holistic manner. JJA notes that the traditional approach of viewing PWD from a charity perspective is still prevalent. This approach if allowed to continue disempowers PWD and makes them vulnerable to unscrupulous members of society. JJA is certain that policy advocacy work at all tiers, i.e. community, local government and national government levels will empower PWDs and change the whole disability sector. Jairos Jiri Association also focuses on Business Enterprise and Resource mobilisation – Giving trends have shifted in the last 15 years in Zimbabwe. Coupled with a non performing economy, it is now difficult for JJA to maintain resource levels of the 1980s and 1990s. Despite this, JJA is a credible and accountable organisation. These values together with well-grounded business strategies will be leveraged on to generate funding. The emphasis will be to make JJA an income generating organisation and minimise the running of the Association from external resources. The organisation also focuses on representation of PWD – JJA sees its continued role as that of taking head on cultural barriers facing PWDs so as to transform behaviours of the community towards people with disabilities.
About the job
The incumbent will report to the Head of Rehabilitation. Orthopaedic Technician helps people with disabilities to lead a near to normal life mainly in terms of mobility. They produce callipers, crutches, lower and upper limbs repair and prescription of wheelchairs and fitting of the assistive devices.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the entire Orthopaedic Workshop;
- Preparing and carrying out assessments of clients;
- Developing and processing prescriptions and fitting of the assistive devices;
- Producing high standard prosthesis and orthotics;
- Maintaining communication with the Medical Council to meet legal requirements;
- Supervise and assess the performance of employees.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology;
- Practising and registered with the Medical Council of Zimbabwe;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Orthopaedic Technology;
- Strong Computer Literacy.
Applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to be submitted to:
The National Executive Director,
17791 Tredgold Drive,
Or email [email protected]
Deadline: 26 July 2021
Related Jobs (3)
Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory on July 26, 2021 Full Time