Oral Health Officer (Dental Officer)
- Post Date:December 14, 2021
- Views 200
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for the vacant position of ORAL HEALTH OFFICER (DENTAL OFFICER) that has arisen in its Health Department.
LOCATION: CLINICS AND HOSPITALS
REPORTS TO: HEAD ORAL HEALTH SERVICES
To provide effective, efficient and adequate management of oral health services plus supervision of subordinates.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provides dental treatment to patients in conservation, prosthetics, orthodontics, periodontics, minor oral surgery, preventive dentistry and referral of patients requiring treatment that may not be provided at the clinic.
- Direct supervision of the Gershon Dental clinic staff.
- Plans, manages and co-ordinates oral health activities.
- Teaches dental students on internship and dental staff.
- Attends district meetings involving other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic Dental Degree (BDS)
- Professional Registration and Practising certificates a must.
- At least 1 year practical working experience as a Dental Practitioner
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Good Leadership and management skills.
- Good communication skills and compassionate and a good bedside manner.
- Analytical ability.
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to:
The Human Capital Director, City of Harare, P O Box 1680, Harare,
OR hand delivered to
Records Office,Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
Not later than 16 December 2021.
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer.