Optometrist – Harare
- Post Date:July 21, 2021
- Views 417
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Cimas wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the Optometrist – Harare role that has arisen in the Healthcare Services Division.
- Checks that the Cimas Optometry Unit is registered with the Health Professions Authority and the City Council.
- Identifies all Optometry operation requirements to ensure seamless operations, including but not restricted to, CAPEX and OPEX, human resources, equipment, projected numbers of patients and Cimas members.
- Develops the Annual Operating Plan for the Optometry Unit and submits the plan to the Head Clinical Services.
- Develops the Annual Budget and submits to the Head Clinical Services for presentation to the General Manager – Healthcare Services.
- Checks the budget on a monthly basis, identifies variances, takes the appropriate action and advises the Head Clinical Services accordingly.
- Exams the eyes of patients to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Observes and documents signs and symptoms of existing health conditions.
- Advises patients on preventative care, hygiene and lifestyle choices.
- Schedules follow up treatments and consultations with patients.
- Conducts in depth research on treatment methods and options.
- Researches on difficult cases and consults other practitioners, in order to map a suitable treatment plan.
- Evaluates equipment and systems available for treatment.
- Monitors goods receipts, packing and storage of stocks in line with Cimas policies, procedures and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains optimum stock levels based on customer trend analysis and demand.
- Participates in stock takes in conjunction with Finance as per Cimas calendar.
- Investigates and reports on stock variances.
- Holder of a Degree in Optometry.
- Registered with the Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe.
- Must have an Open Practicing Certificate (OPC).
- Proven private practice experience.
- Proven computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
If you are interested, apply no later than Friday 23 July, 2021
Related Jobs (25)
Consultant Health Economist (Grade N0B) – (2105293) on October 25, 2021 Consultancy