- Post Date:August 19, 2022
- Views 504
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ZIMBABWEIS LOOKING FOR AN OPERATOR TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN HARARE
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-management
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: SMD Shift Leader
LOCATION: Harare, Zimbabwe
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
- To Operate the machine at the highest efficiency, to the specified quality standards and the lowest material loss
- To maintain general neatness of the machine and the surrounding area to world class standard
- To properly set machines/parameters and carryout all planned maintenance on time and in full
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Consult the machine schedule and the Shift leader on brands to be manufactured
- Open the vacuum and compressed air lines at the beginning of the shift
- Check and sign off all guards and interlock checklist at the beginning of the shift
- Report to Shift leader any sub-standards materials
- Record production downtimes on the production sheets
- Ensure that specification sheet for the brand to be made is on the machines
- Ensure that the Packing materials on the machine correspond to the specification sheet
- Check the brand code to that on the specification
- Keep the machines and surrounding area neat and tidy throughout the shift
- Ensure machine guards are in place and secured
- Ensure CIL is carried out properly on all Packing machines
- Close the vacuum and compressed air lines at the end of shift
- Ensure Brand changeover procedures are strictly complied with at all times
- Ensure all EHS regulations and procedures are complied with at all times
- Perform any task as assigned by your supervisor
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least an O-Level certificate or two-year experience in a reputable manufacturing industry preferably in a tobacco related industry.
- Ability to work diligently without supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team environment.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.