Operations / Safety and Security Manager
- Post Date:September 13, 2021
- Views 299
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reports to: Chief of Party
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is a US-based nonprofit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations (FBOs) and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has worked in Zimbabwe since 1999.
The Operations / Safety and Security Manager will support the Amalima Loko program, a 5-year USAID/BHA-funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) operating in Matabeleland North (Binga, Nkayi, Lupane, Hwange and Tsholotsho) through 2025. The Amalima Loko program aims to improve food and nutrition security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management. The Amalima program operates from 5 program offices in the region. This position will be based in the Bulawayo office.
CNFA is seeking qualified applicants with significant management and operations experience in USAID-funded programs to serve as Operations/Safety and Security Manager. This position will be based in Bulawayo with some travel to district offices in Matabeleland North. The Operations/Safety and Security Manager is a senior management position within the Amalima Loko program structure. S/he will serve as the lead member of the operations team overseeing logistics and procurement, administration, fleet management, safety/security, human resources, IT, and office operations. The Operations/Safety and Security manager will ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures and USAID regulations. S/he will report directly to the program Chief of Party.
The Operations/Safety and Security Manager will be responsible for managing the 23 member Operations team including: Field Operations Coordinators (based in Hwange and Lupane), Logistics Officers, Fleet Officer, Administrative Assistants, Human Resources and Administration Officer, Information Technology Officer, Safety & Security Officers, Office Cleaners, and Drivers.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Operations department and functions; Develop and periodically update the Amalima Loko program’s HR, procurement, and operations policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure that all organizational policies and procedures are in line with relevant Zimbabwean Government requirements and USAID regulations;
- Represent the organization to outside bodies in administrative matters and develop a network for the exchange of information and good practices;
- Contribute to operations budgeting exercises;
- Oversee operational compliance of Amalima Loko partner organizations, including training/capacity building as well as spot checks and other verification measures;
- Supervise HR Officer and Oversea HR Functions to include recruitment and selection, hiring, staff training, and performance management;
- Responsible for Safety and Security Management in coordination with CNFA’s Global Security Director;
- Coordinate directly with CNFA headquarters on operations functions such as procurement procedures and approval, compliance questions, approval of program policies and manuals, and safety and security;
- Undertake other assignments or tasks at the request of the Chief of Party
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance or related area of study preferred, or equivalent work experience;
- At least ten years progressively responsible work experience in managing complex project operations, and at least five years of USAID experience;
- Experience in large (>$40 Million) USAID-funded programs, especially DFAP/DFSA/RFSAs highly desirable;
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license;
- Strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations, procurement procedures, and compliance requirements and best practices;
- Ability to set up, review and implement internal control systems;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- At least five years in a supervisory capacity or experience managing teams of at least ten members;
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Reliable, ethical, and professional.
- Exercises good judgement and discretion at all times;
- Strong computer skills for emailing and Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; local language(s) proficiency for the Matabeleland North program area preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with “Operations / Safety and Security Manager” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates, especially women, are encouraged to send their applications.
Deadline: 26 September 2021