- Post Date:June 3, 2021
- Views 497
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req16107
Job Title: Operations Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beitbridge, Zimbabwe
Operations officer is a key position in the overall management of Operations that leads to the success and delivery of quality programs. Under the direct supervision of Field Operations Manager, the Operations Officer will ensure efficient and effective Operations functions that include Procurement, Fleet, Logistics, Facilities (Office & Guesthouse) management and Assets & Inventory Management.
Specific responsibilities shall include:
Warehousing or Stores Management:
- Receive and manage all the items procured by IRC as per procedure in liaison with the Field Operations Manager.
- Maintain an efficient storage system for IRC Zimbabwe’s Field office. This includes use of bin cards, stock cards or inventories re-order points and supervising and ensuring security of stored commodities and materials.
- Supervising set stock levels and raising stock replenishment requisitions when stock re-order levels have been achieved.
- Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help Program staff with planning of stock replenishment, distribution of stock procured under various grants and that tracking through to the end user has occurred and all necessary reports and documents are completed and filed.
- Undertake monthly stock counts and spot checks with the Field Operations Manager in conjunction with finance and produce all necessary stock reports.
- Collaborate with program managers to develop distribution plans for supplies and assets within the life of the grant.
- Develop and review regularly procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program coordinators/managers and internal / external stakeholders to support program implementation.
- Procure goods and services in line with procurement policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain an efficient procurement system, including an updated PR & PO tracking database and a Procurement Tracking Matrix and filling system.
- Ensure that the local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy.
- Facilitate the receipt and distribution of supplies to final distribution points.
- Monitor adherence to internal controls within the purchasing/procurement system.
- Monitoring performance of suppliers periodically and give recommendations.
- Maintain supplier files as per policy.
Travel and Property Management:
- Monitors and tracks all facilities and utility payments for field leased Property and advice the Field Operations Manager of the status.
- Day to day supervision of general cleanliness of the office and maintenance.
- Reporting maintenance requirements of properties to the Fields Operations Manager and facilitating for maintenance works to be undertaken.
- Ensure that visitors are received and have the necessary contact details with them if they are staying in a hotel.
Logistics and Fleet Operations:
- Oversee management of the IRC field transport fleet, including efficient allocation of vehicles.
- Maintain transport records and ensure that IRC fueling procedures are followed. Ensure that fuel back up is enough all the time and fuel consumption and usage is accurately supervised, logged and recorded through logbooks of all IRC vehicles.
- Establish and maintain a system for driver schedules (working hours, night, and weekend shifts). This also includes the day-to-day management of drivers.
- Lead all aspects of travel arrangements – accommodation.
- The production of transport reports as the need arises.
- Manage operations staff based at Beitbridge that includes drivers, facility caretakers, daily casuals, and warehouse/stores personnel.
Systems Compliance and Improvement:
- Compliance to specific finance, supply chain, IT, security and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars.
Policy compliance – Mandatory Reporting Policy (MRP):
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to the ECU. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that seek to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Play a key role in planning and rolling out training of and adherence to MRPs in coordination with the MRP focal team/person within country program.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchase & Supplies, Logistics;
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Advance Knowledge of Databases and Spread sheets and Knowledge of MS Packages.
- NGO experience an added advantage.
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, with good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead teams, problem-solve and decision-making capability.
- Proficient English written and spoken is required.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Related Jobs (11)
Assistant CCD Manager on July 3, 2021