Operations Manager: Stock Feeds
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 510
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a well established manufacturer and supplier of fast moving consumer goods in the agro-processing industry to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the critical role of Operations Manager: Stock Feeds. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the stock feeds production process in such a manner that sufficient quantities and quality products are produced to meet the customer demands and to drive positive outcomes to improve the overall safety culture and production. The position reports to the Business Unit Head.
Key Job Functions:
- To develop and implement stock feeds production plans to meet requirements of the business.
- Manage the plant’s production function and ensure that the plant produces the required quantity of quality products.
- Develop and implement operational improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Determine long term production targets which enable the commercial and financial objectives to be met.
- Oversee stock feeds production, inbound logistics, engineering maintenance and projects management.
- Ensure all the plant operates in full compliance with all relevant legislation and company procedures.
- Monitor and control all costs to meet established budgetary goals.
- Deliver planned outcomes in production, safety, stock feeds quality, costs and standards.
- To ensure effective usage and control of all materials and utilities.
- Foster an environment that support an engaged safety culture and ensure safety, health, quality and environment issues are enforced complied with.
- Be a leader of continuous improvement process on production to ensure high efficiency.
- Ensure continuing efforts towards optimisation and improvement of production, maintenance and safety practices.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands on experience in the food processing industry, 3 of which must be in the agro-processing sector.
- A professional qualification in process production, engineering maintenance and project management or equivalent
- Direct experience in stock feeds processing will be an added advantage.
The Closing Date for Applications is 31 May 2021
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.