Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Operations Manager - Banana Production
- Post Date:September 4, 2021
- Views 291
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Location: Burma Valley, Mutare
- General farm operations management – drive quality KPI’s, unit volumes and costs,
- Drive development of all supporting infrastructure (cableways, irrigation & fertigation, packhouses, electrical, housing and other infrastructure)
- Drive ongoing continuous improvement, focusing on detail around quality, volumes and yields
- Recruiting, leading, planning and developing capacity depth and first-class operational team at all levels throughout the operations,
- Attention to detailed operations systems and SOPs to drive productivity and quality, and crop planning from field through to packhouse and delivery to customers
- Production of regular projections on expected production levels for marketing & logistics,
- Drive adoption of global best practices and benchmarks with local innovation,
- Implement Global GAP throughout all operations
- Manage & ensure that all assets are accounted for, and are in good working condition,
- Plan all new development, determine ROI’s, implement on time and to pre-determined budgets.
- Budgets and Cashflow forecasts, financial analysis and planning,
- Manage farming operations business accounts through monthly finance reporting and corresponding financial KPI’s,
- Plan & manage the interaction with the procurement function to ensure quality & adequate supplies, to effectively support operations,
- Effective stakeholder management through team leadership & cohesiveness in all farm activities,
- Drive adoption and use of new and changing technologies throughout the operation,
- Work with Sales & Marketing teams to develop and build premium end market channels,
- Closely guard reputation and integrity of the business.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Management level in high end banana production,
- Demonstrated strategic, hands–on experience in transforming operations to world class standards.
- A strong university degree from a reputable organization in a relevant subject.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant context, including at management level.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (20)
Head, Sales and Coverage (Manufacturing Portfolio) on October 23, 2021 Full Time
4 x Receptionists on October 21, 2021
Vehicle Licensing Controller – Southern (Bulawayo) on October 21, 2021 Full Time