Operational Risk Analyst
- Post Date:April 6, 2021
- Views 340
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
WE ARE HIRING, OPERATIONAL RISK ANALYST
An exciting career opportunity has arisen within CBZ Holdings Limited for the position of Operational Risk Analyst. If you have a solid understanding of processes, risk & control design concepts and have passion and drive for risk management within a large set up, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Update the Group Operational Risk Policy and Procedure to ensure that the policy reflects best practice;
- Aggregate and analyze risk events reported by all Group SBUs;
- Aggregate results of periodic risk assessment and manage the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) programme of the Group;
- Assist the Group Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risks and mitigating controls in their business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified;
- Perform root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future;
- Monitor the implementation of action plans to address medium and red key risks on the risk and control self-assessments / risk registers.
- Perform Project planning and risk management for all systems and product rollouts to ensure conformity to design and standards issued;
- Undertake Operational Risk reporting to the Group Operational Risk Forum, Group Risk Committee, Group Executive Management Team
and Group Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee. Secretariat of Group Risk and Controls committee;
- Monitor risk through daily, weekly, monthly reporting and system-based monitoring through appropriate systems and risk registers;
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve the operational risk management strategy in line with the Groups overall risk appetite.
- Act as the Primary custodian of the Group SBUs BCM policies and procedures;
- Operationalize the annual Operational Risk Management Plan.
- Undertake ERM Reporting and Analysis;
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- A relevant Business related qualification such as Accounting, Business Studies, Economics or Actuarial Science.
- A financial qualification such as the CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CIS, FRM or PRM is required.
- At least 3 years’ exposure and experience as a Financial or Investment Analyst, Risk Analyst, Accounting or Regulation.
- Experience in Balance Sheet Risk Analysis.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards essential.
- Knowledge of management and financial accounting and related ratio analysis.
- Good appreciation of Regulatory Regulations such as Banking Act, Insurance Act, Asset Management Act etc.
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems important;
- Programming skills in R, Python, and VBA an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: [email protected] not later than Monday, 12 April 2021