On Call Doctor
- Post Date:September 4, 2021
- Views 332
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare Zimbabwe
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Hourly Contract
CFA Reference Number: CFA2021/010
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading international organization in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of Migration Health Physician, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Core functions / responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Conduct the Harare MHAC’s migration health assessment process to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of: Medical examinations, Imaging, Laboratory testing, Vaccinations, TB management, Treatment and referrals, Pre-departure procedures and medical movements, Documentation, certification, and information transmission, Other technical areas as may be required.
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms, ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities.
- Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries.
- Assist CMHO in monitoring, supervising, and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC.
- Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools.
- Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators.
- Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Harare MHAC specific SOPs for each service area.
- Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Organize systematic collection, processing, and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the CMHO.
- Ensure data quality.
- Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the CMHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the MHAC in close coordination with the mission’s finance staff supervise budget preparation, suggest adjustments and cost-effective solutions, and review financial reports.
- Provide oversight and coordinate the procurement of medical equipment, vaccines, medications, and other medical supplies in coordination with the CMHO and the Resource Management Unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years; and, valid license to practice within country is mandatory
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – works effectively with clients and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Performance Management – identifies ways and implements actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] referring to this advertisement.
No late applications will be accepted.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8 September 2021
Related Jobs (12)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager – Key Populations Programme on October 13, 2021 Contract