OI ART Direct Service Delivery Nurse (Temp)
- Post Date:February 16, 2021
- Views 328
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Health Care
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
The OI/ART Direct Service Delivery (DSD) Nurse is a registered nurse seconded to MOHCC OI/ART departments within high volume health care facilities. The OI/ART DSD nurse will be assigned to work at a heath facility under the guidance of the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator.
The OI/ART DSD nurse will provide Provider Initiated Testing Counselling (PITC) services and initiate HIV positive clients on Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART). The OI/ART DSD nurse will provide quality health care, treatment monitoring and enhanced adherence counselling to clients as per protocol.
- Work with facility-based lay cadres, out-reach workers and village health workers to mobilise clients within facility and community for HIV counselling and testing.
- Provide pre and post – HIV confidential counselling and testing.
- Perform rapid HIV testing on all clients (adults, adolescents and children) that have consented to testing/re-testing and interpret the results to the clients.
- Perform viral load DBS sample collection on infants and counsel caregivers.
- Counsel HIV-positive clients and link them to ART initiation.
- Counsel HIV-negative clients and link them to prevention counselling and support.
- Screen all HIV positive clients for TB and STIs and make appropriate referrals.
- Ensure the number of patients who are transitioned to currently recommended ART regimens, considering stock availability. This includes using preferred ART regimens at initiation of treatment and switching patients currently on ART to optimal regimens.
- Ensure that all adults and children over 20kg on first line regimens are on integrase-inhibitor regimens (such as Abacavir-Lamivudine-Dolutegravir or Tenofovir-Lamivudine-Dolutegravir) and that children <20kg receive Lopinavir/Ritonavir-based regimens.
- Facilitate linkage between HIV testing, diagnosis, care, support and treatment.
- Provide adherence counselling and initiate clients on ARV treatment.
- Link and refer clients to facility and community based Psychosocial Support Services.
- Provide routine follow-up and monitoring of clients (including scheduling interpreting Viral Load and CD4 test results) and provide adherence support to clients provided with results.
- Support identification of clients who are defaulting ARVs for tracking, tracing and retention into care.
- Report MER-recommended regimen disaggregation for TX_CURR.
- Record and maintain filing system for all client records as per MoHCC and FHI360 procedures.
- Prepare monthly report on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
- Work towards meeting the programme set targets for the site which are reviewed on a weekly, month quarterly basis.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language (Shona, Ndebele).
- Knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team.
- Ability to analyze and report relevant activities.
- Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe.
- Training and experience in HIV counselling and testing for adults, adolescents and children.
- Knowledge of national HIV/AIDS, STI and TB treatment guidelines.
- Familiar with M&E tools for OI/ART management.
- Results oriented and able to meet project deliverables.
- Computer literacy is a must.
Qualifications and minimum requirements
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN or PCN.
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must.
- Minimum of 2 years OI/ART experience.
- Class 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must.
- Training in Advanced HIV management is an added advantage.
- Experience in Advanced HIV care and treatment preferred.
- Motorbike riding experience is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please Click on the location you would like to apply for:
Deadline: 19 February 2021