Officer, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Post Date:May 12, 2022
- Views 441
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
WAICA Re is one of the fastest growing reinsurance companies in Africa. WAICA Re s headquartered in Freetown (Sierra Leone) and operates in six other countries in Africa and in the United Kingdom. WAICA Re is rated by A.M. Best with a Financial Strength Rating of B+ and a long-term Issuer Credit rating of “bbb-” with a stable outlook. WAICA Re Is looking for an Officer, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) to be based in any of our operating countries.
Please note this position is on a one-year contract basis
The Officer ERM through the guidance of the Chief Risk Officer shall identify and assess a risk that could negatively and positively impact the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives and ensure appropriate ownership and accountability of risks.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Implementation of the Group ERM and Compliance strategy in line with the scheduled tactical plan
- Research and propose emerging ERM and Compliance trends to the Chief Risk Officer
- Recommend Group ERM and Compliance policies and procedure (Own Risk and Solvency Assessment) where a gap has been identified
- Formulation of key reports on Enterprise Risk Management as guided by the Chief Risk Officer
- Implement the ERM framework of the Group in assigned regions and departments and continuous monitoring ,
- Conduct gap and analytical assessment of the risk appetite statement
- A degree in Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuary, Economics, and relevant sciences or equivalent
- Any professional qualification like CQRM, FRM, CAMS, CFE, IRM or studying towards the attainment
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry will be an added advantage
- Can demonstrate a depth of proven experience in ERM
- Technically proficient in key ERM technical aspects
Interested Candidates for this role shall be required to send their CVs to: [email protected].
CVs will be shortlisted as soon as received.
Closing date for application: 18 May 2022