Nutritionist: Stock Feeds
- Post Date:May 21, 2021
- Views 345
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a well established manufacturer and supplier of fast moving consumer goods in the agro-processing industry to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the critical role of Nutritionist: Stock Feeds. The incumbent will be responsible for formulating nutritionally balanced stock feeds to meet optimal animal performance, research, innovates and create solutions that deliver healthy results for the Company’s customers.
The position reports to the Business Unit Head.
Key Job Functions:
- To optimise raw material usage, using macro-based multi mix and or single computer aided formulation systems management.
- Supervise both raw material and finished product quality by means of laboratory analysis.
- Advise the commodity procurement department on prudent raw material and commodity procurement strategies.
- To assist in strategic alignment and positioning of stock feeds onto the market, brand development and feed registration.
- Ensure that quality control procedures and quality assurance systems are implemented and managed.
- To assist in good documentation and manufacturing practice in line with regulatory bodies regionally and locally.
- Offer technical service on nutrition and general livestock production practice.
- To assist in training, preparations of product technical information and brochures.
- Offer technical expertise and back up to technical sales representatives, field staff and executives.
- Assist in cost analysis and pricing recommendations.
- Develop new products to meet market demand.
- Provide guidance on best practice and developments in animal nutrition.
- Perform complex research for product development, partnering with key internal and external suppliers and stakeholders to test new technologies and solutions.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Animal Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, of which 5 years must be in a specialist practice in animal nutrition.
- Post Graduate qualification or a relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of stock feeds industry.
The Closing Date for Applications is 31 May 2021
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (30)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract