- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 320
- Career Level NurseQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Report to: Sister in Charge
Location: Chipinge (Tongogara Refugee Camp)
Duration: 4 months
Terre Des Hommes Italia (TDH Italy), a child rights organisation seeks to hire a competent suitably trained and qualified Nurse Aide to work at the clinic’s isolation centre based at Tongogara Refugee Camp, Chipinge District.
The nurse aide will work very closely with the entire team of healthcare professionals based at Tongogara Refugee Camp clinic. He/she will perform duties while upholding the utmost ethical and safe techniques always keeping the care of the patient as a top priority.
- Cleaning, packing and sterilizing clinical instruments;
- Maintaining an inventory record of clinical instruments;
- Maintaining cleanliness of examination rooms and counselling rooms;
- Assisting the clinicians to conduct study evaluations; provide direct patient care, and reports any changes in patient status to the supervising registered nurse, Sister in charge, GP or Physician to ensure patient comfort and safety;
- Perform routine nursing care to assigned patients, while utilizing age specific and universal precaution practices at all times;
- Document all activities and changes of the patient and give a detailed report to supervisor at the end of shift/assignment and follow Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (MoHCW) policies when disposing of biohazardous materials, labelling and handling of all materials.
Qualifications and attributes
- Must hold current Nurse Aide certification;
- 5 O’ Levels,
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience as nurse aide.
- Prior work experience in a direct patient care setting or in a long term care facility preferred;
- Must be in good physical health to be able to lift and move patients, and to be able to walk or stand for long periods of time;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments;
- Ability to handle emotional and stressful situations in a professional manner while remaining calm.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: [email protected] clearly indicating “Nurse Aide” on the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be considered on rolling basis. Please note the post can be filled before deadline.
Deadline: 23 August 2021
Related Jobs (9)
Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) on November 20, 2021 Full Time