Non- Public Service Probation Officers
- Post Date:September 14, 2021
- Apply Before: September 25, 2021
- Views 329
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Ministry of Public Service, Labour And Social Welfare invites suitably qualified professionals for the positions of Non- Public Service Probation Officers- Child Protection which have arisen within the Ministry in terms of the Children’s Act (Chapter 5:06).
Major areas of responsibilities:
- To investigate and report on the character and environment of any child who is on trial or undergoing a preparatory examination and explore the causes and circumstances contributing to the delinquency of the said child.
- To devise and carry out measures for the observation and correction of tendencies towards delinquency in children.
- To counsel, supervise and control any person placed under the supervision of the probation officer
- To perform other duties that may be required of them.
The post is embedded in the Ministry’s Social Development Department and the incumbent reports to the District Social Development Officer.
This role is on a contract basis with the incumbent signing renewable contracts subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Work
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Social Sciences is an added advantage
- Registration with the Council of Social Workers Zimbabwe and possession of a current valid practising certificate is a must.
- More than 5 years proven working experience in probation work and child protection.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact with vulnerable children from diverse backgrounds.
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae with contact details and copies of academic and professional qualifications, National ID and birth certificate to reach the undersigned not later than 24 September 2021 on the given address:
The Director – Human Resources
Ministry Of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare
Cnr 4th and Central Avenue,
Alternatively applications can be emailed to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews. Terms and conditions of service will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
NB: Candidates (especially women) are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract