No Means No Instructor
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 804
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Gender FemaleIndustry Non Governmental
Project Location: Makonde & Zvimba
Pamuhacha intends to implement the No Means No sexual violence prevention curriculum in Makonde and Zvimba district. Founded in Kenya, No Means No is a dual-gender program that teaches girls to set boundaries, stand up and defend themselves and boys to challenge rape culture, ask for consent and intervene in attacks. Research has shown a 47% decrease in the incidence of sexual assaults among girls taught No Means No, which has led to endorsements from the World Health Organization, the CDC, UNICEF and the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children. The organization is seeking to fill the positions of Female No means No facilitators. The positions are based in Makonde (10) and Zvimba (10) districts.
Pamuhacha is collaborating with No Means No Worldwide to implement No Means No, the evidence based child safety and violence prevention program. By participating in this training and teaching No Means No classes in your community, you are joining the international No Means No family in actively working to end gender-based violence and the global rape epidemic.
No Means No Instructors will first go through an intensive 3-week training to learn the proven No Means No system of violence prevention, intervention and recovery. During this training, you will master a 12-hour curriculum for females ages 10-20 that imparts mental, verbal and physical skills as well as feminist philosophy and human rights. After the training, as an No Means No Instructor, you and your teaching partner will then be responsible for implementing the No Means No curriculum with youth aged 10-20 in your own communities.
4-week training expectations for certification
- Active participation;
- Present for at least 85% of days of training;
- A strong understanding of the curriculum and motivation to teach the program effectively;
- Physical capability and willingness to teach intensive physical self-defense skills accurately and safely
- Must be available to participate in 4-week training (full days, M-Th) to learn the No Means No curriculum and prevention intervention;
- Implement the No Means No curriculum with girls aged 10-20 years;
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive referral network of prevention and aftercare resources and providers i.e. medical, legal, social;
- Set up and maintain Survivors In Recovery Anonymous (SIRA) meetings for survivors;
- Conduct and collect basic M&E data from youth participants;
- Liaise with local child safety, gender-based violence organizations, stakeholders, government sources and schools
- The candidate should be a female;
- The candidate should be aged between 20 – 35;
- Available for a 3 – 4 week, full time training & regular delivery of the program with youth beginning immediately after;
- Prior teaching / facilitating experience (ideal);
- The candidate should be a qualified teacher with physical education background;
- No pre-existing conditions that would prevent them from demonstrating physical skills (grabs, kicks, strikes) and holding fighting equipment for participants practicing physical skills;
- Proficient – Fluent in English & local language (Shona);
- Good listener & communicator in both English and local language (Shona);
- Passionate about working with and being a mentor to youth participants;
- Experience working in the field of GBV (ideal);
- Driven to help end the global rape epidemic;
- Enthusiastic about the rights of both women and children.
Prospective candidates meeting the requirements and with demonstrated relevant experience should submit the application form with a detailed CV, electronically to: [email protected] Get the application form here or collect at: Number 739 Rudland Orange Groove Chinhoyi
Please state the position being applied for in the subject line of your email. The deadline for this application is 30 July 2021.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The organisation is committed to the upholding of children’s rights and has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the organisation’s Child Protection and Safe guarding Policy. The organisation does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Related Jobs (11)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time