No Means No Facilitator
- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 621
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Gender FemaleIndustry Non Governmental
Project Location: Chegutu District x10 and Mhondoro Ngezi District x10
Tsungirirai Welfare Organisation intends to implement the No Means No sexual violence prevention curriculum in Chegutu and Mhondoro Ngezi Districts (Mashonaland West Province). Founded in Kenya, No Means No is a dual-gender program that teaches girls to set boundaries, stand up and defend themselves and boys to challenge rape culture, ask for consent and intervene in attacks. Research has shown a 47% decrease in the incidence of sexual assaults among girls taught No Means No, which has led to endorsements from the World Health Organization, the CDC, UNICEF and the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children.
Tsungirirai Welfare Organisation is collaborating with No Means No Worldwide to implement No Means No, the evidence based child safety and violence prevention program. By participating in this training and teaching No Means No classes in your community, you are joining the international No Means No family in actively working to end gender-based violence and the global rape epidemic.
No Means No Instructors will first go through an intensive 4-week training to learn the proven No Means No system of violence prevention, intervention and recovery. During this training, you will master a 12-hour curriculum for females ages 10-20 that imparts mental, verbal and physical skills as well as feminist philosophy and human rights. After the 4-week training, as an No Means No Instructor, you and your teaching partner will then be responsible for implementing the No Means No curriculum with youth aged 10-20 in your own communities.
4-week training expectations for certification
- Active participation;
- Present for at least 85% of days of training;
- A strong understanding of the curriculum and motivation to teach the program effectively;
- Physical capability and willingness to teach intensive physical self-defense skills accurately and safely
- Must be available to participate in 4-week training (full days, M-Th) to learn the No Means No curriculum and prevention intervention;
- Implement the No Means No curriculum with girls aged 10-20 years;
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive referral network of prevention and aftercare resources and providers i.e. medical, legal, social;
- Set up and maintain Survivors In Recovery Anonymous (SIRA) meetings for survivors;
- Conduct and collect basic M&E data from youth participants;
- Liaise with local child safety, gender-based violence organizations, stakeholders, government sources and schools
- Female Candidates Aged between 20 – 35 years and from the community where she will facilitate;
- Diploma in Physical Education from accredited College/University, Community Development, Psychology, Social Work, Gender and Development & related field;
- Experience: 1 – 2 years in community-based programmes.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- High integrity;
- Partnering and engaging with stakeholders;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Report writing skills;
- Networking and influencing skills;
- Highly reliable and dependable;
- Experience working in the field of GBV and Child Protection;
- Skills in Programming;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and stakeholders;
- Computer skills;
- Good Community Facilitation skills.
Complete the application form here and email with CV and cover letter with the post being applied for CLEARLY INDICATED in the subject line to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resource Officer.
Deadline: 30 July 2021
Related Jobs (58)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021