Nine (9) x Research Nurse
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 423
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Contract duration: 2 months
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
- The Research Nurse will be responsible for specimen collection of the survey participants according to GCP guidelines.
- The Research Nurse is also responsible for participating in all aspects of participant recruitment and consent process, as well as ensuring smooth survey site flow;
- The core duties and responsibilities of this post are: Collecting a finger prick blood sample for dried blood spot samples;
- Pre and post HIV testing and counselling;
- Performing rapid HIV and Syphilis testing;
- Assisting participants to collect vaginal swabs;
- Completing research data forms;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting HIV Index case contact tracing and testing a requirement;
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours as required.
- Diploma /degree in General nursing. Post basic training is an added advantage;
- Certificate in Rapid HIV certificate;
- ART Training;
- Forensic certificate;
- Certificate / diploma in counselling an added advantage;
- Experience with key populations.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 May 2021 (4:30pm)