Network and Systems Internal Auditor
- Post Date:October 7, 2021
- Apply Before: November 1, 2021
- Views 306
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
Our Client in the Telecoms sector is looking to fill the above position urgently.
To provide independent, objective assurance and consultant activities designed to add value and improve operations in the Southern Region through a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Plan Regional Audit and Risk Engagements
- Drafts submissions to the Annual Audit plan for the region and submit to the Regional Head of Internal Audit.
- Prepare the audit notification letter that Informs Head of Departments regarding upcoming audits via memoranda, including areas to be reviewed (scope) to ensure readiness and availability of key staff.
- Plans specific audits to ensure that IT and business systems are protected and controlled.
- Holds Audit Entry meetings with technical business unit management. Ensures responsible members of management have been made aware of and understand the audit objectives and assignment. Promotes dialogue and input from auditees with respect to the audit area, associated risks and areas of focus
Annual Internal Audit Delivery
- Develops and performs audits of technical nature, network, information technology, or of new products or systems as per the approved regional audit plan.
- Conducts audits in accordance with IS audit standards, guidelines and best practices to meet planned audit objectives and compiles evidence to support audit opinion.
- Conducts technical compliance engagements in the region to check adherence to systems, network and software policies and procedures and regulatory guidance and legal requirements
- Prepare the Audit File for every engagement and ensures that both adequacy and effectiveness issues are being raised and documented within the audit report.
- Conducts close out meetings and discusses irregularities, exceptions, and deficiencies discovered during the audit with the area’s supervisory personnel. Utilizes judgment and experience to assess the associated risk of the issues as to impact on conclusions, deficiency classification and overall audit opinion.
- Track open issues and perform follow up audits to confirm adequate and effective mitigations have been implemented sustainably
- Evaluates technology governance methodologies and frameworks and reports to the Regional Head: Risk and Audit
- Evaluates and recommends on the effectiveness of IT governance structures to ensure adequate board control over the decisions, directions, and performance of IT so that it supports the organization’s strategies and objectives. The report is approved and distributed by Regional Head of Internal Audit.
- Assesses technology risk and develop audit and advisory plans and recommendations that are approved by the Regional Head of Internal Audit.
- Report any fraud risks or indicators or related activities, identified at any stage, to Regional Head of Internal Audit immediately.
- Evaluates and recommends on the organization’s business continuity plan to ensure its ability to continue essential business operations during the period of any disruption.
Collaboration and Third-Party Support
- Conducts and/or follows up on information and documentation required by third parties such as external auditors, and other regulatory examiners.
- Coordinates and interacts with external auditors, administrators, staff and law enforcement officials as appropriate; may be required to testify in court.
- Conducts regional forensic investigations on technical areas, that may be required by the Group through collecting evidence and necessary documentation.
- Prepares regional forensic reports for control breakdowns in technical areas detailing reasons, potential risks and provides recommendations and submits the report to the Regional Head of Internal Audit.
- Participates in the evaluation of contractors and suppliers for the preparation of the approved list.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Studies & Computing Science Degree equivalent relevant degree)
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Computer Science/ Information systems/ Electronics / Telecoms)
- Internal Auditing Experience
- Management Experience
- Senior management, Audit and Board Committee reporting
- Telecommunications Experience
Email CVs to Mirriam Dzapasi: [email protected]
Please send your CV in word format. Also provide your current salary and benefits details!
Related Jobs (44)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021