- Post Date:August 3, 2021
- Views 393
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacancy of Network Administrator [1 POST] that has arisen in the Finance Department.
REPORTING TO: DEPUTY FINANCE DIRECTOR
- Designing Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks for City of Masvingo.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Performing software and hardware installations.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Configuring and maintaining computer systems including hardware, system software and applications.
- Maintaining ICT infrastructure.
- Adhering to general ICT security rules and policies.
- Maintaining documentation of network infrastructure.
- Carrying out network firewalls installations and configurations
- Enhancing communication security including telecommunication, Intemet and Internet security.
- CISCO and non-ClSCO routers security configurations
- IP security configurations
- Designing network maintenance schedules and implementing such schedules
- Carrying out systems analysis and design
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Assisting with the planning, design, research and acquisition/procurement of new or upgraded hardware and software systems.
- Liaising with the Webmaster on updating and accessibility of the City of Masvingo website
- Supporting of MS Exchange e-mail and Internet
- Assisting Staff in the use of standard business administrative software including MS Office applications and database management
- Network vendor management and ensuring subscriptions are up-to-date
- Research and Development of relevant security systems and network enhancements
- Any other related duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bsc in Computer Science or Information Technology or MIS or equivalent
- Certificate in Vendor Networking Technologies (i.e Cisco Certificate)
- At least 4 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge of telecommunication will be an added advantage
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Unquestionable integrity
Applications in own handwriting addressed to the Town Clerk, together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and professional qualifications to reach the undersigned no later than Friday 6 August 2021.
TOWN CLERK -Eng. E. Mukaratirwa