National Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer – Key Populations Programme
- Post Date:June 14, 2022
- Views 332
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare
Contract Type: Fixed Term
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infections. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections.
The National Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer is a line management position under the supervision of the SIE Manager – Key Populations. The incumbent will be responsible for improving the quality of data generated by the Regional SIE Officers (RSIEO) as well as ensuring that data are accurately entered and reported timely onto SW program data base, reporting templates and DATIM. The incumbent will carry out data validation and quality checks on data compiled by the RSIEO for reporting purposes and assists the SIE Manager/ Sex Work program managers in reporting, data analysis of consolidated program data and ensuring data quality for various funder and stakeholder reports. The specific duties include:
- Monitors programme progress through weekly / monthly / quarterly reports based on quantitative and qualitative indicators to ensure programme is on track to achieve work plan targets and any identifying challenges;
- Maintains database of SW programme indicators and targets disaggregated by funding partner;
- Coordinates with KP programme SIE team to ensure timely and accurate entry of KP programme data into CeSHHAR DHIS2 systems, DREAMS and other reporting templates;
- Contributes to the development of annual data quality assessment (DQA) plans and tools;
- Carries out data validation and quality checks on the data compiled by the regional coordinators;
- Assists the SIE Manager in analysis of data and preparations of graphs and cascades to track performance of indicators and for reporting purposes.;
- Provides support to sites to foster data use for decision making / data guided programming to improve the quality of service delivery;
- Participates in SIE technical working groups at national level.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Biostatistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, or other relevant field;
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) qualification / Masters from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience managing, analysing and reporting, health related program data and information;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills and proficiency in statistical software packages e.g. STATA and advanced skills in Ms Excel.
- Ability to use health-related management information systems, including DHIS2 and DATIM.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and sensitivity working with Key Population individuals and communities and an understanding of Global Fund and USAID/PEPFAR indicators.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, data cleaning, verification and trend-analysis coupled with demonstrable project management skills.
- Strong analytical report writing and presentation skills and interfacing with relevant stakeholders.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to [email protected]
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 June 2022 (4:30pm)