National Project Coordinator
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 835
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Agriculture
Smallholder Agriculture Cluster Project (SACP) is a six-year development project financed jointly by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), OPEC Fund for International Development (OF ID) and the Government of Zimbabwe. SACP supports the transformation of smallholder agriculture in Zimbabwe through private sector-led value chain development. The Project consists of three interlinked components Inclusive Value Chain Development, Component, Climate Proofed Value Chain Infrastructure and Component and Policy and Institutional Support and Project Coordination. SACP is in the process of recruiting officers and service providers for its National Project Management Unit (NPMU) in Harare and in four Provincial Project Implementation Units (PPIU) in the field, to manage and coordinate SACP project activities,
To deliver on the above mandate, the position of NATIONAL PROJECT COORDINATOR (HARARE) has arisen and suitably qualified persons are invited to apply.
The National Project Coordinator (NPC) will head the National Project Management Unit (NPMU) thus managing and coordinating SACP with the objective to achieve an increased smallholder participation in market-oriented and climate-smart value chains in the project area.
- Promotes efficient coordination within the Joint Management Unit (JMU) and seek synergies and complementarities with the Smallholder Irrigation Revitalisation Programme (SIRP).
- Expedites and coordinates the timely Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB) process.
- Directs project implementation in accordance to agreed plans as well as produce technical and financial reports.
- Ensures the project adheres to social, enviranmental and climate-related safeguards and contributes to gender equity, women’s empowerment and inclusive development.
- Ensures full functioning of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Ensures accurate knowledge management of the project, including information dissemination about project implementation progress and lessons teamed.
- Ensures proper financial management, including timely disbursements and comprehensive reporting on expenditures and expenditure forecasts.
- Ensures efficient procurement in line with the Procurement Plans.
- Directs NPCU staff both at Head Office and at provincial level including the hired service providers and consultants.
- Maintains liaison with provinces and districts, their leadership and their representatives in the project area.
- Develops. negotiate and implement agreements with project partners, including communities, private sector, government entities and non-government organisations, and others as deemed necessary.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required
- A Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Management, or other relevant discipline related to Agricultural Development.
- 15-years’ experience in rural development in Zimbabwe, of which five in a managerial position,
- Experience in Project administration, financial management and reporting, preferably using systems of international institutions;
- An existing network of relations pertaining to community planning, smallholder agriculture; value chains and financial inclusion:
- Experience in collaborating across government ministries and in public-private dialogue; and .
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to delegate responsibility within the team and to implementing partners.
The Application Process:
Interested & suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned positions to submit their updated CVs and Application Letters to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject matter by not later than Friday 8 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.