National Microbiology Reference Laboratory Coordinator
- Post Date:June 12, 2021
- Views 330
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
The following post of National Microbiology Reference Laboratory Coordinator has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Reports to: Director Laboratory Services
Summary of key
Functions Responsible and accountable for the administrative and technical operations of the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory services. Plans, organizes, directs, manages, coordinates and oversees the activities and operations of National Reference Laboratory services
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Provides effective leadership of the NMRL, including budget planning and financial management.
- Coordinates all national surveys and research studies conducted at /or through NMRL
- Supervises evaluation of new technologies and oversees rollout.
- Oversees testing decentralization to ensure capacitation of sub-national laboratories
- Works closely with all coordinators within the directorate of lab services to ensure full support of various programmes by the reference laboratory
- Coordinates the laboratory component of disease outbreak response in liaison with other departments within the Ministry of Health.
- Contributes to national laboratory service policy formulation, review and implementation.
- Develops and strengthens strategic partnerships between NMRL and International organizations
- Serves as a technical expert on enhancing laboratory systems and implementation of laboratory quality standards
- Ensures implementation of quality policy, implements a safe working environment in compliance with good practice and applicable requirements.
- Ensures the provision of technical advice by the reference laboratory to all disease programmes
- Monitors all work performed in the laboratory to determine that clinically relevant information is being generated.
- Designs and implements a contingency plan to ensure that essential services remain uninterrupted
- Plans and directs research and development, where appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent
- Masters in any medical discipline
- Post-graduate training in Public Health, Clinical Epidemiology or Microbiologym
- PhD in a health related field is an added advantage
- At least 2 years post graduate experience
- Verified experience in a management position is key
- Ability to liaise with other ministry of health stakeholders to achieve programme goals
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to:
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
P O Box CY 1122,
1st Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue
Or use the email address: [email protected]
Only short -listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 14 June 2021.