National Economic Strengthening Coordinator
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Views 407
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Type Of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not-for-profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
- Reporting to the Program Manager, the National Economic Strengthening Coordinator (ESC) will support and manage the technical implementation of household economic strengthening (HES) aspects of USAID funded DREAMS Program in 12 districts.
- The ESC will support the Program Manager in maintaining communication with USAID on progress of implementation of this aspect of the program.
- The role is critical in the translation of the DREAMS Program household economic strengthening plans into activities, outputs, outcomes that ensure adolescent girls and their families are thriving and resilient.
- To be responsible for effective technical aspect of the programme facilitating external, internal and donor capacity for maximum impact.
- The role will also be involved in excellent operational and contract management with partners to enable strong delivery of the programme.
- Create evidence-based, effective solutions to poverty and family strengthening, by developing strategies and partnerships to advance skills development and employment opportunities for vulnerable adolescent girls and young women and their families.
- The National Economic Strengthening Coordinator is responsible for providing technical direction to project implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements.
- S/He will lead components designed to enhance household economic status and expand / diversify livelihoods opportunities.
- S/he will work closely with other technical component leads to ensure alignment between initiatives and activities.
- S/he reports to the Program Manager.
- Train DREAMS Program staff and local partners to operationalize the economic strengthening/livelihoods strategy.
- Coordinate and lead the implementation of the ZHI DREAMS Economic Strengthening Strategy in line with Program goals and donor requirements and guidance.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the implementation of the economic strengthening component of the DREAMS Program.
- Support ZHI district staff and sub-partners to conduct opportunity analyses, identification of pro-poor high-growth value chains, building financial literacy skills of identified AGYW and their families, incorporating basic market principles, facilitate skills trainings, manage group savings programs, AGYW economic assessments, support to AGYW to select informed pathways.
- Support identified most vulnerable AGYW to develop and scale-up businesses on community-based savings and loan schemes, (S&L)
- Create evidence-based, effective solutions to poverty and family strengthening, by developing strategies and partnerships to advance skills development and employment opportunities for vulnerable adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and their families;
- Coordinate the implementation of ES activities in all the districts;
- Conducting regular site visits to observe project progress, validate data and obtain feedback from participants and stakeholders;
- Collaborating with the technical team and senior leadership to adapt project work-plans and approaches based on performance and contextual factors;
- Contributing to progress reports;
- Managing relevant project expenditures in-line with the budget and donor and organizational policies and requirements, and representing the project and organization at technical meetings and with stakeholders;
- In collaboration with Program Management, design and implement the training curriculum;
- Identify and nurture relationships with strategic partnerships;
- Work with DREAMS Program management team to ensure that all staff and sub-partners understand and embrace the Economic Strengthening model within the DREAMS Program;
- Train, monitor and evaluate DREAMS Club Facilitators and supervisors in economic strengthening and support them in organizing and leading related Club activities;
- Design and select skills development and employment curricula;
- Provide technical guidance in the formulation and development of implementation manuals for skills and workforce development strategies;
- Train program and sub-partner staff on economic strengthening and mentor, support, supervise, guide implementation;
- Build Partnerships with local business to generate employment opportunities for targeted AGYW;
- Plan and host employment fairs;
- Provide technical assistance and oversee implementation of innovative Internal Savings and Lending Schemes for targeted most vulnerable and under resourced entrepreneurs to create and grow small businesses;
- Design and implement microenterprise development strategies for targeted most vulnerable AGYW;
- Implement and monitor AGYW micro-enterprises;
- Attend and actively participate in ZHI DREAMS strategic planning sessions. This task includes providing critical-.operational insights and proposing strategies for better utilization and engagement District and provincial teams;
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships with DREAMS Implementing Partners to ensure a seamless delivery of the Global DREAMS Program to maximize AGYW access to the comprehensive DREAMS Package;
- Cultivate and monitor relationships with outside service providers, consultants, agencies, and organizations to develop relationships to enhance the delivery of services to AGYW and families;
- Responsible for supporting and representing ZHI at special events, activities, and other assigned functions;
- Maintain compliance with all ZHI and USAID policies, procedures, and requirements. Maintain compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements of Zimbabwe;
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers;
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required. Facilitate meetings and training as required;
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- In-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge (Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods) to facilitate provision of technical support and guidance;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate at a high level, both verbally and in writing, and capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including senior leaders;
- In-depth knowledge of skill development frameworks, adult education, workforce development;
- Knowledge of poverty alleviation strategies. Small business development knowledge and experience preferred;
- Abilities to conduct program development and outcomes measurement;
- Ability to provide strategic and logistical planning and facilitate meetings. Requires ability to organize complex tasks and plans and to be detail oriented;
- Ability to lead others, foster teamwork;
- Ability to speak clearly and make self-understood effectively, ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing and speak in front of groups;
- Ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English;
- Proficiency in local languages a distinct added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
Qualifications And Experience
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to Commerce, Economics, Business Management and Administration or related field of study;
- Minimum five years of experience managing complex development projects.
- Experience in design, implementation, reporting and evaluation of evidence-based economic/livelihood activities targeting vulnerable groups;
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of best practice interventions and approaches designed to improve household economic status and expand livelihoods options and opportunities;
- Excellent knowledge of household finance education / capacity-building approaches.
- Significant experience ensuring programs include and and benefit vulnerable and marginalized populations (e.g. adolescent girls and young women).
- Step 1: click here to complete the job application form.
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.
Related Jobs (14)
Special Education Teacher & Head of Academics – Preschools on December 3, 2021 Full Time
National Project Personnel – Assets/Logistics Assistant on November 22, 2021 Contract Full Time
Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) on November 20, 2021 Full Time