National Coordinator, Quality Improvement
- Post Date:March 5, 2021
- Views 789
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of National Coordinator, Quality Improvement, based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract will come to an end on the 30th of September 2021 and may be renewed subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will report to both the Zim-TTECH Head of Programs on programmatic issues and MoHCC Deputy Director for HIV Program on day-to-day activities and will work closely with MoHCC- ATP Program Managers across the whole HIV cascade in supporting and collaborating with provincial and MoHCC structures in liaison with Zim-TTECH program staff at all levels. The Consultant will also support PEPFAR work in Zimbabwe with a focus on achieving set targets for epidemic control of HIV.
- Supporting MoHCC and IPs in the planning, implementation and monitoring of PEPFAR HIV/TB activities to meet the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets.
- Providing technical support to facility and district teams as they analyse causes of performance gaps, develop and pilot interventions through PDSAs, document, evaluate facility-level programs, and the development of performance indicators to track progress of QI activities.
- Supporting facility teams as needed in performing data management activities, such as abstraction, verification, validation, entry into an electronic database and the analysis of the data prior to submission of QI reports.
- Analysing, updating and modifying procedures and processes to continually improve QI operations and infrastructure.
- Leading and facilitating quality improvement teams in the development of QIPs and PIPs; and participating in strategies that aim to reduce variances in core measure populations.
- Contacting physicians, nurses, and other caregivers to obtain orders or improve documentation to meet standards of care and serving as their knowledge expert and educator for continuous quality improvement activities.
- Participating in site visit preparation and execution by partner agencies (Zim-TTECH, CDC, USAID e.t.c).
- Devising methods that ensure the receipt of data required for trending and reporting of various QI work plan metrics, performing adequate data/barrier analysis, developing improvement recommendations and executing the approved actions.
- Participating in various QI committees and work groups convened to improve process and/or health outcomes, and contributing meaningful detail based on functional knowledge.
- Overseeing site level CQI processes to respond to challenges identified at site level.
- Monitoring CQI Officer Plans and reports and providing clinical input to analysis of CQI indicators
- Developing reports and presentations on CQI activity progress, change package, best practices, and novel methodologies.
- Contributing to the documentation and knowledge sharing of CQI results through articles, conference posters, web postings, and presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Carrying out periodic organizational assessments to evaluate the overall performance of the QI program.
- Collaborating with MoHCC national QI programs and PEPFAR IPs to align priorities, share change ideas and lessons learnt.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Registered Medical doctor with 3-5 years’ clinical experience in compliance, accreditation, service or quality improvement, management of healthcare programs and in supporting QI activities in HIV/TB services.
- Master’s degree in Public Health will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable track record of implementing and guiding large performance improvement teams using problem solving methodology.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal written and oral communication skills with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their Application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of Certificates either to [email protected] or below physical address;
The Senior Consultancy Officer
10 Natal Rd,
N.B. This is a re-advert so candidates who applied before should not re-apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28 May 2021