Municipal Police Sergent
- Post Date:May 28, 2021
- Views 290
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
Shurugwi Town Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the following position which is vacant in Council.
POSITION REF: MUNICIPAL POLICE SERGEANT 05/2021 (GRADE 8)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of Corporal, Lines Corporal, and Constables.
- Carrying out preliminary investigations;
- Ensure searches, patrols and securing all Council premises.
- Training and development of subordinates.
- Managing records and maintaining discipline in shifts.
- Carrying out security campaigns and security surveys.
- Giving evidence in court and disciplinary proceedings.
- Enforcement of Council Bylaws and Policies.
- Parading of security guards, and
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Certificate in Security or Loss Control from a recognized Tertiary institution.
- Ex ZRP, ZNA, ZPCS Officers Qualifies and can equally substitute a Certificate in Security.
- At least five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language.
- Ability to handle and operate firearms.
- A Clean class four (4) Driver’s License.
- Police Clearance not older than 2021.
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience in a security environment.
- Testimonials or recommendations from previous employers.
How to apply
- Obtain an application form from the Council reception or download from http://stc.org.zw/vacancies/
- Submit a completed form together with supporting documents and certified copies.
- Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates.
- All applications citing the position ref should be forwarded on or before 31 May 2021 to:
The Town Secretary
Shurugwi Town Council
P O Box 125
Or send via the email [email protected]
(Applications send through the email should be referenced with the position ref, should observe the closing date and all documents should compressed to one document as attachments)