Motor Cycle Mechanic (Bulawayo)
- Post Date:January 16, 2021
- Views 333
- Career Level OtherQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
Reporting to: Transport Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract.
The position is based at the OPHID Bulawayo Office. The Motorcycle Mechanic will be responsible for supporting the Transport Officer to implement the OPHID Transport Policy and to ensure that the OPHID fleet of motorcycles, bicycles and generators is managed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and general mechanical safety of each Motorbike and bicycle in the OPHID fleet as well as generators.
- Perform routine service and maintenance tasks, such as adjusting and replacing spark plugs, ignition points, and brakes for motorbikes, servicing generators and bicycles.
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance records of repairs and servicing for each motorbike, bicycle and generator.
- Perform motorcycle online tracing and monitor motorcycle movement, trace violations and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Review and analyse fuel consumption profiles as recorded in the transport reports, identify areas of high and low efficiency for targeted action.
- Prepare monthly motorcycles and bicycles fleet management reports in compliance with the OPHID Transport Policy for review by the Transport Officer.
- Coordinate and implement trainings for riders on basic motorcycle and bicycle maintenance, safety and security and road safety.
- Ensure that all motorcycles are equipped with all the required equipment such as, medical aid kits, motor bike tool kits and riders’ gear
- Ensure that all the motorcycles are equipped with the necessary documentation such as emergency contact and communication protocol, accident/incident report forms prior to making trips.
- National Certificate in Motor bike mechanics or skilled class (one) certificate in motor bike mechanics or any other equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Automotive or related field
- A clean class (3&4) driver licence is a must
- Good oral written communication skills in English
- Step 1: Click here and Complete the Application Form.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 21 January 2021.
Related Jobs (17)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time