Monitoring, Evaluation, Results and Learning (MERL) Officer
- Post Date:August 2, 2021
- Views 425
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT) is an independent Zimbabwean entity registered as a local Trust in August of 2012 (MA/909/2012). PZAT strives to transform the lives of people living with and affected by HIV by working to ensure their access to comprehensive HIV and sexual health services delivered in safe and supportive environments. PZAT has led and engaged in several programmatic and research activities focused on key affected populations in partnership with the MOHCC and academic, local and multi-national partners. PZAT is currently part of COMPASS Africa, an innovative, data-informed and audacious North-South collaboration of civil society organizations working in the global North and in East and Southern Africa; to improve the HIV response in key countries. PZAT, which is the Monitoring, Evaluation, Results and Learning (MERL) hub for COMPASS Africa seeks to hire a competent MERL officer to join the team.
The MERL officer will be based in Harare and provides support to the MERL Programme Coordinator. S/he is responsible for ensuring that all information and data from project activities across the COMPASS Africa coalition are captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for internal and external reporting according to the MERL Management Plan and at the direction of the Program Coordinator. The MERL officer will also strengthen the learning work of the MERL hub such as supporting the development of case studies, supporting capacity strengthening of MERL champions, and monitoring and summarizing learnings from inter-COMPASS collaborations and engagements on existing social media/ communications platforms.
Two months – September to October 2021. (with potential for renewal and extension to annual contract)
Key duties and responsibilities
- Supports the Programme Coordinator and MERL team to implement the COMPASS MERL Management Plan;
- Assists in the provision of in-country support and technical assistance to COMPASS partners on the use of COMPASS M&E and learning tools and sound data collection;
- Collects and synthesis timely, complete and accurate data for reporting from the various COMPASS communication platforms;
- Contributes to the quantitative and qualitative analysis of M&E data/evidence and drawing conclusions on project performance, including the development of case studies, MERL summaries and regular reporting of MERL indicators to programme and donors;
- Assists with planning and provision of ongoing technical assistance to COMPASS partners; i.e. MERL related orientation, training and ongoing support.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies required
- First degree in social/behavioral sciences or related discipline;
- 1+ years relevant working experience in a programme M&E role; in health or development sector;
- Strong knowledge of typical M&E activities (Log frames, quantitative and qualitative methodologies & analytical approaches);
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of health advocacy;
- Experience working with multiple civil society stakeholders in HIV and health programming;
- Multi-level oral & written communication skills;
- Analytic and creative thinking with ability to work independently.
- Experience in website or social media management is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and detailed CV, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 August 2021 (COB)
Related Jobs (28)
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time