Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Officer
- Post Date:May 25, 2021
- Views 369
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The MERL officer will work closely with Programme Coordinator to provide technical support and MERL capacity building to partners. S/he is responsible for ensuring that all information and data from project activities are captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for internal and external reporting according to the MERL Management Plan. The MERL officer will also strengthen the learning work of the MERL hub such as supporting the development of case studies, training partners and providing support in the development of success stories; and monitoring and summarizing learning’s from project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out key MERL functions in the implementation and ongoing development of MERL plan;
- Point person for partner MERL requests/communication;
- Works closely with Programme Coordinator to provide technical support and MERL capacity building to partners (technical assistance on the use of M&E and learning tools and sound data collection);
- Compiles reports and summaries from partners;
- Ensures the timely implementation of the MERL plan by partners.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies required
- First degree in social/behavioral sciences or related discipline;
- 1+ years relevant working experience in a programme M&E role; in development sector;
- Strong knowledge of typical M&E activities (Log frames, quantitative and qualitative methodologies & analytical approaches);
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of advocacy;
- Experience working with multiple civil society stakeholders in democracy, human rights and governance;
- Multi-level oral & written communication skills;
- Analytic and creative thinking with ability to work independently.
- Experience in training and participatory methodology is an added advantage.
Interested individuals are required to submit an application letter and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable references. Please send the CV and application letter to [email protected] specifying ‘MERL Officer’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (25)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract