Monitoring & Evaluation and Planning Specialist
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 500
- Career Level SpecialistQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Smallholder Agriculture Cluster Project (SACP) is a six-year development project financed jointly by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), OPEC Fund for International Development (OF ID) and the Government of Zimbabwe. SACP supports the transformation of smallholder agriculture in Zimbabwe through private sector-led value chain development. The Project consists of three interlinked components Inclusive Value Chain Development, Component, Climate Proofed Value Chain Infrastructure and Component and Policy and Institutional Support and Project Coordination. SACP is in the process of recruiting officers and service providers for its National Project Management Unit (NPMU) in Harare and in four Provincial Project Implementation Units (PPIU) in the field, to manage and coordinate SACP project activities,
To deliver on the above mandate, the position of MONITORING & EVALUATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (HARARE) has arisen and suitably qualified persons are invited to apply.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the M&E and Planning Specialist will have overall responsibility for the coordination of the timely establishment, operation and maintenance of the project M&E system: for the generation of knowledge and evidence;and for the communication of project activities, achievements and lessons learned.
- Sets up the M&E system for SACP in with the project key indicators.
- Sets up the MIS system through the development of formats that track project in puts and its results.
- Provides technical assistance to recruit, guide and supervise organisatons or individuals contracted to implement surveys and studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts.
- Develops a capacity-building plan on M&E for the project staff at NPMU and provincial level and for business skills and Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) mentors from AGRITEX on the cascade training approach
- Assists the Project Manager in consolidating the project progress reports.
- Advises the Senior Management by identifying areas of concerns that might justify a review of the project M&E system and/or implementation arrangements.
- Undertakes regular field visits to follow-up recommendations made from previous supervision missions
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, M&E, Development Studies, Rural Development, Planning or a related field.
- At least 8 years of work experience with (a) M&E Design, (b) planning and implementation of the M&E systems, (c) data management and analysis, (e) Capacity building and training in M&E development and implementation, (f) use of Geographic Information Systems technologies. and (g) knowledge Management strategy development.
- Solid knowledge of participatory M&E approaches and techniques.
- Strong knowledge in the development of performance-based indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in the techniques of data collection, data entry, data analysis and design of management information systems to facilitate the planning and decision: making processes within the institution’s
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, particularly MS Excel, Word,
- Access and PowerPoint, STATA and other software packages for data analysis and technical reports.
The Application Process:
Interested & suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned positions to submit their updated CVs and Application Letters to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject matter by not later than Friday 8 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (25)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022