Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
- Post Date:April 30, 2022
- Views 248
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Development Aid from People to People Zimbabwe (DAPP) Zimbabwe is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for an anticipated USAID OVC Project
Development Aid from People to People Zimbabwe (DAPP) is seeking an experienced MEL Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project to reduce vulnerabilities associated with HIV and gender based violence (GBV) among OVC and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). DAPP is a strong, local implementer of integrated and layered community health and development activities that address root causes of pressing issues affecting OVC and their caregivers in both urban and rural areas, including high HIV and TB burden districts.
The MEL Manager will lead the development, management, and implementation of the program MEL plan. She/he will develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze data on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impacts of the program, and documenting lessons learned to inform real-time course corrections along the way. The MEL Manager will be responsible for convening project staff to incorporate MEL findings in progress reports and evaluation briefs, using a gender-equity and child protection lens. S/he will conduct spot checks and site visits to observe, monitor, guide, and recommend appropriate course corrections as needed. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads and oversees development and implementation of the project’s MEL plan, and systems for tracking timely, accurate data on reporting of project performance against key indicators;
- Oversees and ensures adherence to project MEL reporting activities as required by the donor;
- Provides leadership and technical oversight in the design and implementation of data collection tools (surveys, interview questionnaires, focus group discussion guides, direct observation templates, mapping tools, etc);
- Trains and mentors staff and partners in various aspects of MEL and operational research, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, interpretation, and use for continuous quality assurance / improvement and accountability;
- Analyzes project and other relevant data to inform project management decision-making, and to routinely share findings with project staff and other key stakeholders;
- Supports partners to develop, capture, consolidate and report on mutually identified indicators and ensure high-quality and timely reporting of data and monitoring;
- Conducts supportive supervisory visits to partners and beneficiaries to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators;
- Oversees operational research, qualitative studies and policy briefs to assess the impact of program activities and ensure robust and innovative dissemination of research and evaluation activity results.
- A degree in public health, epidemiology, demography, statistics, research / evaluation, economics or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in a senior MEL position responsible for implementing MEL activities for large-scale international development projects, with USAID grants and cooperative agreements experience preferred;
- At least 4 years of experience in monitoring, evaluating, dissemination of learning, and reporting on programs related to public health, HIV, social / child protection, or SGBV;
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project MEL systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Experience in design and implementation of MEL systems for community-based HIV or other public health or development programs, including the use of field-based participatory M&E methods to engage the community voice throughout the project cycle;
- Strong ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and to provide recommendations on project implementation;
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing MEL systems;
- Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of MEL staff to meet project needs and deliverables strongly desired;
- Excellent data visualization skills, statistical analysis, English writing, oral presentation and communication skills;
- Fluency in English; proficiency in relevant local languages is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV / resume to [email protected] copying [email protected] highlighting their qualifications and reason for interest in this position, by 1 May 2022, 5pm CAT. Please state “MEL – OVC Manager” in the subject line.
Zimbabwe nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.