Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 318
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Musasa is a national NGO that was established in 1988 focusing on Violence Against Women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of gender based violence (GBV), public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women as well as the nexus between GBV and HIV.
Musasa invites applications for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor for an anticipated PEPFAR/USAID supported five-year DREAMS project in Zimbabwe. The focus of the project will be to Prevent new HIV infections among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) using the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) approach. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor will be responsible for designing and implementing systems to ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities. S/he will have primary responsibility of reporting on project outputs and outcomes and for ensuring quality of interventions. S/he will lead the development of holistic approaches to collaboration, learning, and adaption (CLA) including promoting quality data collection, analysis and use to assess progress, identify service delivery gaps, and development of interventions for program improvement and/or adaptation. S/he will ensure a robust and adequate M&E system to enhance the collection, management and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving PEPFAR targets. S/he will guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage the M&E team.
The candidate is expected to:
- Oversees all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the DREAMS project;
- Lead the development and revision of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategic documents including comprehensive M&E plan, costed M&E work plan, evaluation and performance measurement plan, data quality assurance strategy and data use plan;
- Lead development and revision of data management tools in line with program data requirements;
- Lead the development and monitoring of implementation of activities in MEL work plan;
- Work closely with the head of the project to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Manage all activities related to electronic databases for managing DREAMS program data;
- Routinely track progress in implementation districts through review of progress reports and field visits, analyze and package this information for program reports;
- Ensure data quality assessments and audits are carried out periodically and practices are put in place to improve data quality;
- Ensure utilization of program data through evidence-based program review meetings at national and subnational levels;
- Support development, enhancement, and implementation of electronic project databases;
- Provide M&E technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Ensure timely collection, cleaning, verification and uploading of program data in databases including DHIS2;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to national M&E system;
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation;
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or national M&E system and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions;
- Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting; Lead the design and implementation of operational research and deep-dive analysis of program data;
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Government of Zimbabwe counterparts and other key stakeholders;
- Actively participate in strategic planning and development of new funding proposals;
- Provide supervisory support to M&E and research officers;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The candidate will be expected to have:
- The ability to manage and work independently and efficiently;
- The ability to effectively organize staff and delegate effectively;
- Hands on experience in research, monitoring and evaluation of huge projects;
- Commitment to consistently producing accurate and timely reports;
- The ability to work well with others including project staff, government counterparts and implementing agencies;
- The ability to develop and implement quality assurance systems;
- Proficiency with data collection, management, analysis, and visualization software, including MS Excel, DHIS2, Open Data Kit and SPSS;
- Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, including oral presentation.
- Strong analytical report/manuscript writing and presentation skills with at least 3 publications or international conference presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners and international donor agencies;
- Ability to travel within Zimbabwe 30% of the time.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate should have:
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS programs;
- DREAMS programming M&E experience is an advantage;
- Experience in using research and monitoring information for decision making and program adaptations;
- Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems specific to DREAMS or other HIV prevention programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods;
- Experience with a USG-funded project as well as health-related projects is required;
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings;
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training;
- Familiarity with Zimbabwe public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application letter indicating your suitability for the position via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Deadline: 27 May 2021
Related Jobs (34)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract