Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 425
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Base Station: Filabusi, Insiza district
Type of contract: Fixed Term contract
Zimbabwe Project Trust (ZimPro) seeks to recruit a MEAL Officer who will be part of a humanitarian project entitled “Restoration and Enhancement of Community Climate Resilience & Productivity in Matabeleland Provinces” under its two thematic pillars of Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture; and Sustainable and Diversified Livelihoods. ZimPro is anticipating growth in its programming that will necessitate the recruitment of additional project staff. This advert is placed conditionally, as recruitment is subject to availability of funding.
Major purpose of the Job
- Assist in the formulation and design of MEAL systems and tools based on project deliverables;
- Apply M&E systems to support consistency of approach in the implementation of the project across all operational areas;
- Provide feedback to colleagues and management for changes/improvements to strengthen project implementation;
- Collect, analyze project data and produce analytic reports for management use;
- Offer monitoring and technical support to the Project Officers and assess progress against expected results;
- Facilitate the identification of community developmental needs feeding into project ideas for consideration by management;
- Participate in baseline surveys, community needs assessment, project reviews and evaluations;
- Support the development of ToRs for any MEAL processes conducted internally and externally;
- Contribute to organizational learning by documenting community stories of significant change, lessons learned, good practices and generate qualitative and quantitative evidence for wider sharing.
- Degree in M&E, Research Methods, Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Social Sciences or a relevant field;
- A minimum of five years of experience as an M&E Officer for humanitarian donor funded projects;
- Familiarity with M&E tools and systems including applied research;
- Highly computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft packages and ability to effectively use online platforms;
- Excellent data collection, analysis and documentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to train / coach staff and give occasional presentations;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills required to meet tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Project Management Cycle;
- Ability to work independently but as part of a team;
- Fluent English and Ndebele;
- Clean class 5 and 4 drivers’ license;
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the organization.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested, send us your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable references. Ensure that your application is clearly marked with the position applied for in the application heading. Send to [email protected]
We also require successful candidates to submit police clearances.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We believe in equal employment opportunity.
Deadline: 20 April 2021