Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 367
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeIndustry Non Governmental
Duty station: Harare
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
Summary of position
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for monitoring of Disaster Risk Reduction projects and support monitoring for projects in other sectors such as WASH and Food and Nutrition security. She/He will specifically ensure that information gathering, synthesis, reflection and reporting processes are undertaken on time.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing M&E plans, procedures for monitoring each level of the logframe, undertaking project progress monitoring and reporting.
- He/She is also expected to develop monitoring tools, data collection procedures (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, data flow charts, M&E manuals, Terms of reference for evaluations);
- Develop databases, management information systems and review their performance; production of reports as per donor requirements;
- Disseminate information on Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation to projects; document best practices, case studies and stories of change.
- He/She is also expected to support project teams with capacity building training on monitoring and evaluation standards and functions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- Relevant work experience as M&E officer in an International NGO;
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction projects monitoring;
- Experience in WASH projects monitoring is an added advantage;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Practical experience in designing and administering surveys;
- Demonstrated ability to build surveys onto digital platforms such as Akvo Flow, Kobo or ODK;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Due to overwhelming responses to adverts, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 February 2021