Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 400
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association is calling for applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer that has arisen within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain an up-to-date institutional database of ZELA project beneficiaries;
- Develop and maintain project level monitoring and evaluation plans or frameworks including indicators, theory of change, MEAL plans and risk frameworks;
- Monitor project activities, expenditures and evaluate overall progress on achievement of project results, in line with the ZELA MEAL including quality assurance frameworks;
- Assist Project Officers in implementing the organizational MEAL System (including capacity building) and MEAL reporting to funders and within ZELA;
- Update the MEAL work plan and progress updates on all projects monthly against indicators;
- Participate in internal and external project reviews, evaluations, accountability and learning processes;
- Carryout MEAL related field level as when required for projects or for other ZELA work;
- Participate in programme / project design ensuring that objectives and indicators are SMART using Results Based Management (RMB);
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually on performance of ZELA projects against envisaged results;
- Systematic data collection and analysis of programme and project indicators;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and maintain up to date institutional collection tools for all departments of ZELA with guidance from the MEAL manager;
- Compile, capture, clean and analyze institutional data using appropriate software packages such as Nvivo, Excel, Stata, SPSS etc;
- Develop appropriate documentation and reporting formats and templates for ZELA;
- Maintain a repository of ZELA outcome harvesting information including stories of change in liaison with the Communication and Media Officer;
- Support and guide the MEAL assistant and interns;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the MEAL manager.
Key attributes or competencies required
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent command of the English Language;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software packages;
- Good problem-solving abilities;
- Effective communicator with good writing skills;
- Team player;
- Pays attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-cultural setting.
Suitable applicants should have the following:
- A university degree in social sciences, development studies, business, statistics, economics, or related field;
- At least have 5 years of experience in developing, implementing, and managing results-based M&E activities and systems;
- Experience in supervising M&E assistants and interns.
Interested qualified candidates should send an application letter and CV with at least 3 references, with the subject clearly stated as advertised, to [email protected] by 11 April 2022.