Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager
- Post Date:August 1, 2022
- Views 256
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The MEAL Manager will provide oversight technical support and supervision of GOAL MEAL staff involved in Health, Livelihoods, Food Security & Nutrition Programming in Matabeleland South Province. The MEAL Manager works directly with the MEAL Coordinator for efficient and timely compilation and submission of accurate reports from field sites and maintains an appropriate filling system of received data and reports including maintaining, updating SCORE- GOAL’s System for Consolidating and Reporting MEAL Information. The MEAL Manager will support the MEAL function and provide technical support to projects by collaborating with MEAL Officers, Implementing partners and stakeholders under the guidance from the MEAL Coordinator.
The MEAL Manager will have a functional supporting and supervisory role to Project Level MEAL Officers and should demonstrate strong engagement on Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Documentation, Core Humanitarian Standards, Accountability, while mainstreaming Gender, Child Protection, Disability and Compliance issues.
Responsibility 1: To put in place functional planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems and strategies for Programmes/Projects including maintaining an updated SCORE-Card that enables real-time tracking of project performance against targets.
- In collaboration with respective Project Managers and MEAL Officers, formulate and ensure effective implementation of Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plans.
- In collaboration with Project Teams and external stakeholders, provide technical support on targeting and beneficiary registration and verification processes and ensure compliance to selection criteria.
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, half year and annual) both at Country Office and Project Levels. This also includes regularly updating the project indicator tracker and timely sharing of the same to guide management decision making.
- Support programme teams on monthly data collection, ensuring data are verified before entry to relevant databases and that databases are up to date and accurate before exporting or sharing. This may also require periodic on-site data verification exercises to verify reports and data submitted using monitoring instruments, observation, personnel interview and final reports to be shared with SMT.
- Contribute to GOAL M & E component in proposal writing through the development of appropriate logical frameworks and monitoring plans as per donor specifications.
Responsibility 2: To improve the quality of GOAL Zimbabwe’s interventions by strengthening institutional memory and lesson learning through a systematized approach to recording, documenting and internalizing experience with optimum participation of internal and external stakeholders.
- In coordination with respective technical persons, identify and document cases (success and failure stories) for learning, scale-up and proposal development
- Facilitate bi-annual organizational review and reflection process in addition to providing technical assistance to project teams in conducting regular review and reflection processes.
- Support country-level donor and stakeholder engagements on MEAL related topics
- Attend cluster and other coordination meetings as required
- Take the lead on providing accurate and timely information to feed into national coordination platforms across several sectors
Responsibility 3: Support the design and implementation of research studies, surveys and assessments (rapid and comprehensive) ensuring the effective participation of all project stakeholders.
- Take a leading and supportive role in the planning and design of research studies, assessments or surveys through the development of Terms of Reference and relevant data collection tools (paper based and electronic).
- Coordinate the process of all (internal and external) field surveys, baseline, mid-term and terminal evaluations and Post Distribution Monitoring at Project Levels. This also includes providing required technical assistance in undertaking operational research at Project Level and in/with partner organizations
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator ensure that the results of surveys and ongoing monitoring, including consultations with beneficiaries, is made available in a user-friendly format for programme design and decision-making.
- Support the dissemination of research/assessment findings internally and to external stakeholders as guided by MEAL Coordinator
Responsibility 4: In collaboration with GOAL Global MIS team, facilitate installation and operationalize Management information system (MIS) and other computer-based database systems in GOAL Zimbabwe
- Assist and oversee the establishment and strengthening of sector-based database and effective functioning of the same at Country Office and Project Levels.
- In collaboration with the Global MIS Team, support the roll-out and effective implementation and utilisation of SCORE across all projects.
Responsibility 5: Support programme teams in establishing and running effective project-based Community Feedback Mechanisms (CFMs).
- Manage the CFM processes and ensure all projects have appropriate information sharing, complains and feedback mechanisms.
- Communicate and disseminate GOAL Zimbabwe Information sharing and CFM guidelines for staff and concerned stakeholders and partners.
- Conduct training and capacity building of staff involved in institutionalizing information sharing and CFM in GOAL Zimbabwe operational areas.
- Support the production of regular internal (and external) reports on information sharing, complaint trends, response procedures, and other relevant issues.
Requirements : Technical & Functional skills
- University degree in Social Science/ Social studies, Data Analytics or equivalent experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with component of statistical analysis or mathematics preferred.
- Post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable
- Minimum five years previous M&E experience in the humanitarian and development sector
- Demonstrable experience with participatory, quantitative, and qualitative methods
- Proven analytical report writing skills in English (required) and proven ability to give attention to detail.
- Computer skills – word-processing, spreadsheets, SPSS experience required. MIS, mobile data collection applications and computer database experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and independently within a multi-cultural team with differing areas of expertise.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Related Jobs (11)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time