Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant
- Post Date:July 10, 2021
- Views 429
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Harare
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the largest and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We carry out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation within developing countries. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant who will be responsible for planning, progress monitoring, reviewing, evaluation, documenting lessons and impact assessments for mainly Disaster Risk Reduction projects, as well as support other sector projects in the country programme. She/He will specifically ensure that information gathering, synthesis, reflection and reporting processes are undertaken on time.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant will be responsible for:
- Developing M&E plans;
- Procedures for monitoring each level of the logframe;
- Undertake project progress monitoring and reporting;
- He/She is also expected to develop monitoring tools, data collection procedures;
- Develop databases and management information systems;
- Production of quarterly and annual reports as per donor requirements;
- Disseminate information on Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation to project teams;
- Document best practices, case studies and stories of change;
- He/She is also expected to support project teams with trainings on monitoring and accountability functions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation; Social Sciences; Development Studies; Statistics and Research or any related field;
- Minimum relevant work experience as Monitoring, Evaluation , Accountability and Learning Officer in an International NGO;
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction projects monitoring;
- Experience in WASH projects monitoring will be an added advantage;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Practical experience in designing and managing surveys;
- Demonstrated ability to build surveys onto digital platforms such as Akvo Flow, Kobo or ODK;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills,
- Proficient in English language both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of both Shona and Ndebele is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 23 July 2021
Related Jobs (36)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract