Monitoring and Reporting Analyst
- Post Date:August 29, 2021
- Views 429
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 02-Sep-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-5
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 22-Nov-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 12 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 12 months
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Zimbabwe current Strategic Note (2016-2021) is aligned to the ZUNDAF (2016-2021) and reflects its triple mandate of normative, coordination and operative work. The programme portfolio comprises work on Women’s political participation as well as peace and security; ending Violence against women; promoting women’s economic empowerment and production and utilization of gender statistics. Partnerships for this work include with government, civil society, independent commissions, academia and regional and international organizations. UN Women is a recipient UN organization of the Spotlight Initiative.
Reporting to the Deputy Country Representative, the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst will provide support to the Zimbabwe CO colleagues in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation as well tracking against Strategic Plan targets and the reporting of results to internal and external audiences. The incumbent will pay particular attention to monitoring and reporting UN Women’s results in the Spotlight Programme on ending Violence against women and harmful practices (50% staff time).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Include inputs from relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into programme formulation;
- Contribute to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements with Zimbabwe CO.
2. Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes, with particular attention to Spotlight Programme;
- Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide substantive inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Draft and monitor the Zimbabwe’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
3. Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences
- Facilitate the process of the Zimbabwe CO meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Draft donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
4. Provide technical support to the Zimbabwe CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the Zimbabwe CO;
- Provide guidance to programme staff on evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the Zimbabwe CO and RO regarding Evaluations;
- Coordinate the completion of management’s response to the UN Women Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluation Use (GATE).
5. Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge, as identified through programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Facilitate capacity building opportunities for staff and partners in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality technical support to the programme team and partners in line with work plan
- Quality and timely development and review of systems for tracking/monitoring
- Timely submission of quality and accurate reports
- Quality support to Evaluation processes, including timely coordination of mission
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Knowledge of UN programme management systems
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competenciesframework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Related Jobs (33)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract