Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 340
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Child Protection Society is a non-government child rights organization based in Belvedere, Harare seeking a suitable and qualified Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for a CPF funded child protection project implemented by the organisation in 21 districts in Zimbabwe. The officer will be stationed in Harare.
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is accountable to the achievement of key project results by providing professional expertise, management of information systems, adapting and applying performance monitoring tools and approaches to the organisational context, , monitoring, preparing reports and communications, building the capacity of stakeholders and ensuring inclusion of primary stakeholders. The officer should have experience in humanitarian work.
Duties and responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning systems;
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output as per project document;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for project success;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project Manager;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops;
- Support operational research;
- Maintaining and updating Management Information Systems;
- Assist the project officers with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Perform other duties as required.
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings, human interest stories and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcomes;
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
- Prepare logical frameworks for projects; Develop M&E system for projects;
- Prepare and maintain project databases;
- Response to data requests;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project staff and other stakeholders;
- Conduct field monitoring, verification and support visits to project sites;
- Participate in M&E forums (coordination, capacity building, planning, committees, etc)
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the organisation’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision and mission of the organisation;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Plans, coordinates, and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with project staff and other stakeholders to facilitate the provision of support.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring, conducting capacity assessments and identifying capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change.
- Focuses on results;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Required skills and experience
- Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Humanitarian Sciences, or other related degree.
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national NGOs;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in Management Information Systems;
- Expertise in analysing data using ICTs;
- Experience in conducting assessments, surveys, and larger research;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Shona and Ndebele is an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resumé (with 3 traceable references) under the subject ‘M&E Officer Vacancy Application_(name)’ to [email protected] The incumbent should be prepared to start as soon as possible.
Deadline: 31 March 2021 (5pm)