Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:September 4, 2021
- Views 354
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Masvingo, Zimbabwe
Start date: To be communicated with successful applicant
Duration of contract: One year with the possibility of extension (based on performance and availability of funding)
A local NGO working in the area of promoting and advancing women’s rights, including women with disabilities is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The organisation aims to empower women in their diversities economically, politically and socially through amplifying their voices in all local and national processes, creating platforms for engagement, capacity building and advocacy.
- Develop and strengthen organisational monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project outcomes;
- Design and develop organisational project logical frame work including performance indicators;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Director / Project Manager, including providing inputs, information and statistics and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system for programs;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E / MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required;
- Do any other duties assigned by the supervisor including national and local budget review and analyses.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer should ensure collection, analysis and reporting of cross cutting information/data and especially data relating to women with disability.
Key result areas
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project PME and consulting with programme team and partners;
- Coordinate with community mobilisers for collecting data against agreed indicators;
- Engage with community mobilisers to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects;
- Ensure quality of data collected by other programs officers and provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Lead in the designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line);
- In consultation with PM design and conduct Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS);
- Support partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input.
Reporting and documentation
In consultation with PM develop quarterly, six-month and annual reports; Develop and share field visit reports with relevant program staff.
- Assist (PM) during multi-year plan and budget process to develop a good quality Management Program Budget (MPB) for the organization;
- Assist PM in reviewing project plans during MPB process;
- Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans.
Learning and sharing
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team;
- Support partners in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field including Statistics, Economics with at least three years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing M&E related task;
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Appreciation of local and budget processes is a must;
- Understanding of national policies, legislative frameworks and international instruments that are in line with organisational priority areas such as NDS1, ZNASP, UNCRPD, Zimbabwe National Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health Strategy is an added advantage;
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills;
- Preferred candidates should have experience of managing and using database software such as SPSS;
- Strong statistical skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications;
- Working knowledge of the English language along with writing and communication skills;
- Experience of working in rural communities and working with persons with disabilities is an added advantage.
If interested in the above mentioned opportunity, please submit your application including qualifications and CV to [email protected] Please indicate the subject as MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER.
NB: We believe in equal opportunities thus qualified women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
Deadline: 10 September 2021
Related Jobs (79)
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021