Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:April 29, 2021
- Views 589
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: Contract Based
Summary of responsibilities
The M & E Officer shall provide leadership to the youth organisation in terms of monitoring & evaluation with a particular focus on building capacities and coordinating the M & E function at all levels. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for the organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E research and development activities of youth organisation. He/she will develop approaches and tools based on clear impact pathways, theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress. He/she will work to ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out to have evidence based reporting at outcome level. He/she will assist Project Managers in preparing quarterly, annual and progress reports as required and will monitor the overall progress of the youth organisation programmes in achieving the desired outcomes.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Develop and implement capacity building programmes for the implementation of an effective M & E system;
- Develop M&E Frameworks/Plans for all projects in collaboration with the Program Manager and respective Project Officers;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
- Managing Project Information Management System (PRIMASYS) i.e. ensuring collation and capturing of primary data collected on implementation of project activities;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Provide Feedback to the Executive Director on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the project management for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimise or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Conducting or providing support to data quality assessments and proposal development for M&E components;
- Give technical input to the strategic plan and project documents such as proposals in relation to integration of M & E into project design and costing;
- Review project documents for team members i.e. concept notes, reports and programmes to ensure integration of M & E from project concept and design to developing specific M & E frameworks for such projects;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Executive Director / Programs Manager;
- Updating the M & E framework regularly to include new projects / programmes and to remove details related to expired/completed projects.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related field;
- A professional qualification in M&E such as Executive Certificate or Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of conducting and/or coordinating M&E in an organisation with multiple projects and national coverage.
Key Skills and competencies:
- Proven ICT skills in data management at level of designing data collection tools, collating data, data capture and report generation in Excel and Access or any other relevant software;
- Ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changing conditions;
- Strong training and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills with ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, SPSS and Nvivo;
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software packages;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity and establish straightforward, productive relationships with all team members;
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the youth organisation.
Candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy should send detailed application letter and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 4 May 2021
Related Jobs (11)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract