Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:April 9, 2021
- Views 376
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Diocese of Mutare Community Care Programme (DOMCCP) is a community-based organisation which implements community health, livelihoods and rights projects in Manicaland province of Zimbabwe.
Purpose of the position
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing and coordinating the M&E function of DOMCCP which include, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- S/he will provide technical support and M&E capacity building to project staff to improve the quality of programme data and reporting.
- The position works with project field staff and reports to the Director
- Monitor DOMCCP’s strategic key performance indicators throughout the duration of DOMCCP strategic plans;
- Develop, review project log frames, logic models, monitoring and evaluation work plans for the organisation’s existing projects and project proposals;
- Develop performance trackers and formulate indicators for project activities to support monitoring of progress towards set objectives;
- Develop and review data collection tools to support collection of quality program data;
- Oversee routine program data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Manage and preserve organisational data and ensure they are readily availability as and when needed;
- Support external evaluators and partners in conducting evaluation assignments;
- Accompany funding partners on field M&E visits;
- Conduct routine on-site data verification, data quality assessments and any other processes that improve the quality of programme data;
- Build the capacity of project staff in all aspects of data collection, reporting and monitoring of project activities;
- Lead the compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the organisation and ensure their timely submission to management and funding partners;
- Ensure that both internal and external data queries and requests are attended to in a timely manner;
- Develop terms of reference for external evaluators of DOMCCP programmes;
- Lead internal research and support all other research activities of the organisation;
- Represent the organisation and its projects at all forums where monitoring and evaluation representation is required;
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Management.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any area related to monitoring and evaluation;
- A postgraduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be a distinct advantage;
- At least 2 years’ NGO work experience involving monitoring and evaluation responsibilities;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of statistical packages will be an advantage;
- Possession of a clean class 4 driving license older than 2 years (manual gears) is a must (practical driving will form part of the selection process).
Skills and abilities
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English;
- Good level of proficiency in qualitative and quantitative analysis applications;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- ;Experience in M&E plan development;
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys and evaluations;
- Experience in NGO sector. Able to work alone and as a team.
NB: DOMCCP works for and with children. The incumbent will be expected to uphold the rights of children and protection of program participants. DOMCCP will conduct background checks on selected candidates.
Cover letter and CV to be combined into one document in MS Word. In the cover letter state your qualifications, experience and date you obtained your driving license.
Send your application to: Finance and Administration Manager on: [email protected]
NOTE: Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DOMCCP reserves the right to hold interviews whenever potential candidates are identified. Selected candidate should be immediately available to assume duty
Deadline: 20 April 2021 (1pm)